OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 6's Lot#300752

Started by westtennhunter, February 28, 2012, 05:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westtennhunter

870SM, 24", JH .660 @ lazered 40 yards. 65 degrees. 3.5 inch straight 6's. Lot#300752: 197 and 210 in 10". I shot some 6's last year and was getting 240-255 in 10 @40 but I don't know the lot number. Anybody else tried this Lot#?

wvhunter74

Still a dead bird regardless of the pellet loss

cannonball

Quote from: wvhunter74 on February 28, 2012, 07:32:22 PM
Still a dead bird regardless of the pellet loss

You got that right!

Chilly

i'll take what you have left and you can buy some more.... :laugh:
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

nyhunter

I just bought 8 boxes from duns "when they were $18.?? a box" and 3 of them had NO lot number anywhere on them. My guess is there getting tired of herring us complain about there inconsistent shells and not putting a lot number on them so we cant track them. last years lot # that i have is 300129.   The ones that did have lot#'s  from this year are 300549 , 300746 , 300752.

SumToy

We have found that this is a problem this year with ALL chokes not just one brand.  Waddle Whacker can give you some lot numbers he had this problem.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

No dog in this hunt but if this was all I had to worry over I'd be one happy man.

Let's see now, I have twice as much money as I need to retire on but I sure would like a few
thousand more just to be sure. 

This would only concern me in target shoots, not turkey hunting.

bbcoach

Excellent Pattern and Dead Bird for sure.  The only observation I have is take the 2nd shot, drop the pattern straight down five inches to the base of the waddles and you will Totally anchor any bird.

westtennhunter

Quote from: nyhunter on March 01, 2012, 07:31:37 AM
I just bought 8 boxes from duns "when they were $18.?? a box" and 3 of them had NO lot number anywhere on them. My guess is there getting tired of herring us complain about there inconsistent shells and not putting a lot number on them so we cant track them. last years lot # that i have is 300129.   The ones that did have lot#'s  from this year are 300549 , 300746 , 300752.

Very interesting nyhunter. I bought 7 boxes from Dunn's @ $18.29 and they were all 300752. Let me know how they shoot for you.

westtennhunter

Quote from: RAJ on March 01, 2012, 08:35:16 AM
No dog in this hunt but if this was all I had to worry over I'd be one happy man.

Let's see now, I have twice as much money as I need to retire on but I sure would like a few
thousand more just to be sure. 

This would only concern me in target shoots, not turkey hunting.

RAJ, I agree that some of us (me included) take it too far, but I'm a perfectionist and very analytical. I enjoy breaking it down and trying to get it as good as possible. I enjoy the shooting and testing and studying the data. I know dead is dead. Anyway, I got 20+ years before I retire so I gotta worry about something.   :toothy9:

westtennhunter

Quote from: bbcoach on March 01, 2012, 09:46:33 AM
Excellent Pattern and Dead Bird for sure.  The only observation I have is take the 2nd shot, drop the pattern straight down five inches to the base of the waddles and you will Totally anchor any bird.

Good observation coach. The reason I didn't lower it is that the red circle on these targets centered in my diamond is a little higher than I aim on a bird. I will actually be aiming a few inches lower on Mr.
Longbeard.