OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SB2 with Sumtoy 650

Started by bgbuck153, February 27, 2012, 08:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgbuck153

Alls I can say is William at Sumtoy custom chokes is a great guy and will work with you to get your turkey killer to shoot the way you want it  :happy0064:! I got one of his chokes and pattern'd it a couple weeks ago ! The first time out was 31degrees . At 40 yards I got 238 in a 10 . He told me to clean clean my gun with 4ott steel wool on a cleaning rod thats attached to my cordless drill . I put some wd40 on it and cleaned her up . I would like to mention that I only ran a couple dry patches down after cleaning . So , I went out a few days ago when it was 54 degrees and got 218 . So I called william and told him the results . He asked me if I had used alcohol to clean the excess oil out and I hadn't . So , today I cleaned it out and there was plastic from the wad all gunked up in the barrel and choke from the excess oil . I wen't out today 56 degrees and shot a 292 in a 10 @ 40 yds . Pattern's a little too tight for me because 90% of my pattern is in the 20 . In my picture if I had centered my 10" circle i would have had a 300+ count and that would have centerd my 20 as well . William is sending me a 655 and 660 to see which one i like better to open up my pattern a little . I might keep this 650 incase I hunt any fields .

SBE2 / heavy 13/2.25/7's with Sumtoy .650
292 in a 10" and 190 in my 20"

tomanyturkeycalls

That is the exact gun, shell, and choke that I shoot.... william sent me a .670 as well and it was more open and still a heck of a pattern.... I hunt mainly fields so I chose the .650   

hunter-b

how is your guys POA & POI ? I have a jelly head 660 and its about 8" to the left . I get about250to260 in 10" circle at 40 yds .

cannonball

bgbuck153

Point of aim if about 10" high straight up ! After I shot my patterns today I threw on my FF2 and sighted it in . She's dead on now .              :z-guntootsmiley:

hunter-b

Passintime

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

Grunt-N-Gobble

After bgbuck153 runs out of factory shells.........he's going to start loading his own.

Just wait and see!!!!  He won't be able to resist!!!!!

dirtywhite

That is one helluva pattern there i would hate to be the tom that walks in front of that
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

k9hunter2

I think I'll try Sumtoy chokes

Ebby

Very nice. I'm gonna have to clean my barrel like that I think.

jrseale82

beagler

Never Misses