turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My little girl

Started by misfire, February 27, 2012, 12:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Seeing drenalinld's post of his darling daughter with her first fish brought back some great memories me and my daughter shared over the years. There was a little pond across the street and I took Alexis one afternoon. The last thing her momma said was "Dont fall in!". Yep, cursed us there. I watched Alexis casting her plastic worm on a little rod and reel combo for kids. She would rear back and give it all she had. I guess she was around 4 at the time. One time she flings out the worm and I see her losing her balance. I tried to grab her and missed and in she went. She was crying her eyes out because she knew her momma was gonna be mad. I walk her back across the street and her momma is outside laughing seeing her daughter soaked to her ears. They go inside and change clothes, then Alexis asks if we can go back. I still remember the first time we got in a deer stand together. I told her she needed to bring a Barbie doll or something as it can get pretty boring. But she said no, she was there to see deer. She lasted all of about 40 minutes before the boredom took over. I couldnt help but smile watching her as she watched to woods wake up. And the one time she was with me when I actually killed a deer is another memory I cherish. Well, my little girl is now 24 years old. She is putting herself through college ( wants to be a school teacher) and working nights as a waitress/bartender at Applebees. She came to visit me yesterday and to inform me that on October 9, 2012 I am going to be a GRANDPAW!!!!!!!!!! God sure is wonderful!!!
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sherrell

Great story and congratulations!

mossy835

That is what it is all about.

turkey slayer

Stoner

Sounds like a nice young lady. I give a lot of credit to those students that work their way through college. Your story of your daughters first fishing trip and the first time on a deer stand brings back the memories of each of my three daughters and introducing them to the outdoors. All three daughters tell me that they still remember those special times.

BOFF

Congrats to you Grampa!!

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

misfire
I didn't know how much LOVE the Lord had put in my heart till he sent me a Grand Daughter , It is life changing ,To say the least .Get ready its a fine ride .  :angel9:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

Great stories Lee! Congrats on the grandchild on the way!

flintlock

:happy0064:

Praise God!!  That is awesome!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

misfire

Thanks guys, I am looking forward to it strange enough. It seems only yesterday when she was born, and I can vividly remember every detail. And when the nurse put that child in my arms for the first time I broke down like a school girl and bawled my eyes out. She will be a great mother
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Woodsman4God

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Cove

cannonball