OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Benelli SBE 2

Started by chubbyone, February 26, 2012, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chubbyone

New to forum and have problems. I have SBE2 24in. barrel. I have shot Indian Creek Choke (665) and Jellyhead (660). I have shot Winchesters 3in. 5's and 6's. Nitro's Mega weight 4x5x6x7 and 2x5x7 3.5in. and Heavyshot mega blend 3in. I am not getting the patterns some of you are getting or the advertise patterns. Looking for suggestion. These pics are the best patterns I have. I can kill a turkey at 40yards but I want patterns like advertised.  

Sorry guys I messed it all up. Hear are the numbers. In 8in. Circle at 40 yards. Best is about 120 in circle and shot scattered everywhere. Pic shown is with Nitro's 2x5x7. The reason for the circle below target is I shot low and thats where the concentration of shot is.

bird

Can you post the numbers. The pictures are to small to read the info.

gersus

Have you deep cleaned your barrel?

chubbyone

I don't clean every shot but I clean it after every patterning sesson.

gersus

I think you should try 3 1/" Hevi #7's

dirtywhite

I agree with gersus try some 3.5 7s out of that jelly head it shud post up nice and most benellis i have seen need some sights or mess with the shims to get it to shoot poa to poi i put some williams firesights on mine and it is a bird killing machine
"Forgiveness is between god and them it's my job to arrange the meeting"

chubbyone

Put some sights on when new. That shot is low but it was more me than gun. I will have to order some hevi #7's but I found 3in. #6 in acadamey I will try tomorrow. I will be shooting through both chokes that I have. Indian creek (665) and Jelly head (660). Will post pics  when done. Thanks.

Passintime

The 3.5 # 7's are bad to the bone.

bsci21

I agree. The #7's are bad stuff. I have a jh .660 on my beneli SBII and those 7's are the ticket.

Javi

I will try the 3.5 mag blend.