OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Supernova JH 660 hevi 7s

Started by gersus, February 25, 2012, 06:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gersus

Took my "new to me" Supernova out today for patterning. It was a great sunny 40 degree no wind day.
24" barrel 40 yards taped. Clean barrel.
This first pic is hevi 3 1/2 #7's. 185 in a 10" circle. Definitely a dead bird but great numbers like I see on here a lot.

This is hevi #6's. Looks like I wiggled. I didn't have bigger paper to use. I may redo some with a larger target if I can find some. Still not impressive though

I shot the targets stuck on a piece of thick cardboard that was taped to a 1/2" thick piece of OSB. None of any of the shot went very far into the OSB. Some even stayed in the cardboard! A lot of them were right at the surface of the board. Does that sound right?
I may be giving Sumtoy a phone call to get this gun lined out.

Thanks for the help.

nyhunter

Congrats on the new gun.  Well both are dead birds, But your right those 7's should put up a better numbers than those. Did you deep clean that  barrel? Regardless Deep clean it now. I promise you, you will be very happy with a sumtoy, there costumer service is great and they will work with you to get what you want.

turkey slayer

gersus

Order a Sumtoy this morning! The reliability issues with hevi-shot sure makes it difficult to know what to expect though.