OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Duplex 4x6s

Started by davisd9, February 24, 2012, 01:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I have a back up 835 that I am going to set up to shoot lead.  I am going to start off using the Mossberg Full turkey choke that came with one of my 835 cause I have heard it patterns pretty well.  I picked up a box of Remington Nitro 3.5 6s and a box of the Remington 3" 6 and 4s duplex.  Does anyone have any experience with them?

I have been wanting to try them for a while but the other day is the first time I have seen them locally.  I am also going to try some Federal 6s 3" fcw and some winchester supreme 6s 3" black shell.

I know the winchesters shoot well but want curious about the duplex load as I have not seen anyone talk about them.  Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tom Foolery

The old 2oz loads were great from my guns, when they changed to 1 7/8oz the patterns went down hill fpr me.  I think there is only 1/4oz of #4's in the load though.  When I found that out I just went with straight 6's.

R AJ

In the Remington guns  the 4x6s liked the 665 chokes and that would equate to about a 675-685 for the 835.

joshb311

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 24, 2012, 02:32:42 PM
The old 2oz loads were great from my guns, when they changed to 1 7/8oz the patterns went down hill fpr me.  I think there is only 1/4oz of #4's in the load though.  When I found that out I just went with straight 6's.

I picked up a box of the 1 7/8oz today. They weren't too awful bad of a price and I figured it would be another round to experiment with down the road. May be another dud for me, but I figured I should at least try 'em for giggles.