OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

stoeger m2000

Started by virgil, February 22, 2012, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virgil

what is the best choke tube to use out of a stoeger m2000 26in barrel..can someone please help me! thank you

reynolds243

I posted a ton of pics in the pattern thread for this gun. I have shot a ton of chokes and shells from mine and the Sumtoy 650 was the best numbers wise followed by the hevi choke and Indian creek 665.

You can check most of the pics of those chokes on that thread. I am going to go shoot more tomorrow so I should have more info then.

I shoot PG, IC, jelly head, Sumtoy 650 and Sumtoy 670 so far

I shot hevi 6s, 7's and Magblends as well as xtended range.

pullit

mine works great with the IC choke and Hevi 7's combo

allaboutshooting

Quote from: virgil on February 22, 2012, 10:21:07 PM
what is the best choke tube to use out of a stoeger m2000 26in barrel..can someone please help me! thank you

The Hevi-13 turkey chokes are getting the nod from most of the shooters that I know or hear from. They seem to have figured out what works with those guns.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

virgil

thank you guys so much im just trying to see whats better so i can kill a turkey this year

reynolds243

here is one i got today shooting the new Hevi choke, shoots the magblends really good but seems to be somewhat choppy pattern wise with straight 7's. Numbers are good but not sure i like the consistancy in my gun for straight 7's

number wise the sumtoy shoots the 7's as well if not better.

virgil

how many pellets are in a 10" ring at 40 yards with the sumtoy 650

reynolds243

258 was the highest but a bit more uniform

virgil

thanks for telling me this stuff bud....im trying to buy something that i could reach out to 40 and past it if i need to but what do u think i should get..a sumtoy?

reynolds243

Hard to say bud, the Sumtoy shoots great in mine as does the hevi choke but that may not be the same in yours.

What shells are you using?

virgil

im shooting winchesters but i think im going to change..i just started turkey hunting last year..so im trying to find out whats better

reynolds243

Well I don't shoot lead so if you stick with that I really can't say what good options are as I have not ever shot lead through mine. If you shoot Magblends I'd go with the hevi choke. If you use hevi 7's then I'd say Sumtoy, hevi choke or Indian creek with the Sumtoy being my first choice.

Like I said if you go with Sumtoy and you don't like it they will give you your money back which is hard to beat.

virgil

where can u buy a sumtoy at? i appreciate this bud thanks so much

bird

It's great to have your firearm dialed in the best you can but let me point out that the staff here at OG suggest working on the complete package of turkey hunting especially for someone such as you who just started turkey hunting last year.  Please work not only on your turkey shooter but also calling abilities, scouting, woodsmanship and the overall understanding of the wild turkey.  This will make you a much better turkey hunter and not a turkey shooter. Please do not rely on a gun capable of long shots as this is only a crutch to lean on that will ultimately lead to wounded birds that you won't be able to recover.

Thanks and welcome to OG

Al aka bird

virgil

im pretty good at calling..i have practiced alot