turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Xtnded Range 6's 3 1/2"

Started by forcercon1, February 22, 2012, 08:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forcercon1

I hope everyone is well. Has any shot this load and if so what type of results did you get? Also, did you find a less / more constricted choke was needed too produce even dense patterns?

Thank you in advance for your help!

tomtamer25

i shot this in a 870 with a kicks GT .655 and loved it  I am shooting it tomorrow in a Browning Maxus with a Rob Roberts .660  Ill let you know.

Philippe

I shot it and liked it alot. I shot it out of an Indian Creek .675 in my mossy 835 and Hevi Shots choke with is also a .675, and they shot great thru both, not impressive but great.

GobblinNC

got good patterns with it out of my SBEII with a JH .660. shooting nitro 4x5x7 now

deadbuck

My son has killed 2 birds 60+ yards with that shell out of a citori with a .675 Briley tube.  I tried to get him hooked on mag blends but this win shell is all he will shoot. Both times we were in a blind and misjudged  distance on field birds.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: forcercon1 on February 22, 2012, 08:24:06 PM
I hope everyone is well. Has any shot this load and if so what type of results did you get? Also, did you find a less / more constricted choke was needed too produce even dense patterns?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Put simply and directly, tight chokes and clean barrels work best with that shell. Chokes with e.d.s of .640 to .655 work best, all things being equal. It's really all about the "internal geometry" of the choke tube.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

westtennhunter

I tested it side by side with Hevi 6's thru a 870sm with a .660 jellyhead. The Hevi 6's blew it away, but every gun is different.

Clucknpur8

Shoots nice in my 835 Indian creek choke.675