OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Super Vinci

Started by PureGold, February 22, 2012, 09:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PureGold

Does anyone have any choke tube data from the super vinci? Just picked one up and I was hoping to hear some reviews on chokes & loads used, and the results. This is just going to be my back up gun as my old faithful Rem 870 will be at it again.

Just looking to see some results of others out there so I can take a step in the right direction.

Thanks

PG

allaboutshooting

Quote from: PureGold on February 22, 2012, 09:16:33 AM
Does anyone have any choke tube data from the super vinci? Just picked one up and I was hoping to hear some reviews on chokes & loads used, and the results. This is just going to be my back up gun as my old faithful Rem 870 will be at it again.

Just looking to see some results of others out there so I can take a step in the right direction.

Thanks

PG

I've been shooting the original 3" Vinci for a couple of years now and since the Super Vinci has the same barrel and only differs in the chamber length, I'd expect that the same choke and shells would work equally well.

There are 3 chokes that I find to work best in the Vinci. The first is the Wright's #3 turkey choke, the second is the Hevi-13 turkey choke and the third is the SSX "Crio" turkey choke. They have vastly different internals and the exit diameters are different but they all work exceptionally well.

The Hevi-13 shells are the most consistent and for me at least, the only choice is whether I use #6 or #7 shot.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Hooks' n' Beards'

kaintuck

very nice back up --i like my 870 that well also-you could go to nitros web site and check out their data on the super vinci
silent water runs deep

beagler

Never Misses