turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dumb and Dumber

Started by Beretta686, February 20, 2012, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

All I can say is I was dumb and my friend was dumber.

It rained all day Saturday and central Alabama received 4 inches of rain so all plans for Saturday got moved to Sunday. My first mistake was skipping Church to head to the woods. We were going to check some game cameras, take down some tree stands, and do a little scouting. having 5 different pieces of land to cover, it takes almost a day.

I met my friend out there early and went to the first food plot to take the stand down. When we got finished, he cranked up his little infinity 4wheel drive and just cut a  u-turn through the field. Here is where i got dumb, I figured what the heck, why back out, I've hunted here 30 years, the ground is solid, it hasn't been plowed in 10 years. So I turn left, oh yeah, and forget to put it in 4 wheel drive. My friend in the truck was saying I wouldn't do that, when I turned left. here is the results:

So I get on the cell phone and call my friend who we all refer to as Mississippi since he is from Natchez Mississippi. He's like a wolf in sheep's clothing, dresses GQ, but is as back woods country as you could imagine. So he comes back and starts talking about Ol' Blue never gets stuck and the famous words "Watch This" That was the dumber part. With him hanging out the window laughing at me stuck he decides to cut some doughnuts around my truck. Well here is how good that idea went.

So here we are looking like we are parked in the walmart parking lot. All I could do was laugh.

So even when you are 47 and 42 years old, you still can have fun. it only took 3 1/2 hours and a 4 wheel drive tractor to get us out.

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Sherrell

My problem in the woods is when my wife says"I wouldn't do that"....it's just like a red flag to a bull.

I know your feeling!

remmy1187

Looks like lots of fun.  Been there before myself. :help: :help: :help:

kamski1151

Who was driving the tractor Larry, Moe or Curley?? :TooFunny:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff