turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Push Pin Turkey Call Operation / How I Run Them

Started by Old Gobbler, February 19, 2012, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

As some of you may or may not know , I have been making push pin turkey calls like mad , Ive had quite a few inquiries about them , and I have made a few with my limited time available for sale to interested parties - I make it a point to run the call(s) to the new owner before shipping so that we know for sure it sounds just right for them  - now saying this I can teach someone to run a push pin in person in about 10 minutes if they are with me , over the phone I cant demonstrate the proper methods because no matter what I or anyone says they dive right for the trap of pushing the dowel to give yelps , and it is very hard to describe the proper articulation of the call - If done right , turkeys come running - The main problem is the tag "push" in push pin , it sticks in peoples minds - there are many ways to skin a cat , whatever works for you is fine , but this is the way I kill turkeys

This is Video the method I use to operate my calls , look at my hands {sorry dirty from glue and sawdust} and the way I hold the call and operate - the call is less than 1 foot form the mic , so the sound will be off - check the other videos I have to get a accurate sound recording  

"http://player.vimeo.com/video/37064876?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0"

Fighting rattle , some cuts, and yelping on cocobolo push pins I make
"http://player.vimeo.com/video/37064404?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0"

These are some of my calls I make in my personal collection or made for other turkey hunters , so some/most are not available - just showing you some close up pictures of what the fuzzy video has

Guys ,I have been getting PM's about the calls - I'm sorry but I have none available for sale as of right now , and I am backed up with some orders , they take a day to make ,with supplies ,Its not a charity so I have to be compensated for the effort I put into them - and I when I get free time I get to work on calls -- FYI they are ball park $100 for he Cocobolo ,the all ebony with the lid are more time consuming so I have to charge accordingly  - I'm busy Turkey Hunting right now so anyone asking me for one today will be looking at summer time for me to get to you --Shannon 3/9/112

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

drenalinld

Sounds great, not quite the same without orange flannel.

JELLYHEAD

I got mine friday!  :happy0064:   :z-flirtysmile3:  Words can't describe them. Haven't had a chance to play them yet, but I can't wait.!!  ;D

kenfa03

Do you sell them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MossbergMike

Nice calls! I have had very limited use with the push pin style but you make it look easy. It gives me a much better understanding of how to use that style of call. Thanks.

handcannon

I reaLly like those calls Shannon! That ebony call rocks!

jbmabrey

I'll ask too, do you sell these-I'd be interested. thanks for the video good info. John

Old Gobbler

Quote from: jbmabrey on March 06, 2012, 06:36:36 PM
I'll ask too, do you sell these-I'd be interested. thanks for the video good info. John
these are all gone , If you want to buy one ,Pm me for details
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon