turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3-1/2" Nitro straight 7s

Started by Hooksnhorns, February 19, 2012, 02:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksnhorns

2-1/4 Oz. Anyone else shooting these in an 870 SM 23" pipe w/ .660 rhino. If so , what 10" numbers are y'all gettin? Just got 5 yesterday and haven't shot yet. Thnx for any replies.
Don't Tread On Me

Gobble!

What did 5 shells cost you?
I didn't know they sold their shells in quantites of 5.
Sounds like I better call them tomorrow. I want to give them a try.

Hooksnhorns

I got em at Van's Sporting Goods in Brandon, MS. They'll sell you one or a whole box. They were $8.50 /ea.
Don't Tread On Me

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 19, 2012, 04:43:10 PMThey were $8.50 /ea.

YIKES!!!  It hurts me in my tenders spots just saying that out loud!   :o
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Squirrel Hunter

You can order them from Nitro Co. In boxes of 5,10,or 25. I shoot a browning gold rhino 670 nitro 31/2 ,7 shot haven't never counted holes but throws awesome patterns.

Grobec1

FttFttVroom!

Thats a high dollar paper puncher....

gobbler74

$8.50 per turkey. You dont shoot milk jugs with Nitro shells.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 19, 2012, 04:43:10 PM
I got em at Van's Sporting Goods in Brandon, MS. They'll sell you one or a whole box. They were $8.50 /ea.

I don't think so
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

K9Doc

To answer the original post:  I have a 11-87 SM with .660 RHino.  Shooting Nitros 2.25 oz. 4x5x7s I can achieve 325 to 340 in the 10 inch ring at 40 yards consistentely.  However, at a slight loss in "Advertised" velocity, i can do the same with the Hevi 13 2.25 oz 7s.  They are $5 per shotshell.  Nitros are fine, but way overpriced.  Why i am starting to reload TSS.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Hooksnhorns

Naw surehuntsalot, I'm serious brother, they do sell em either way. They are high, but , can't kill but three here in MS, as surehuntsalot knows. I get to go hunting with people who have messed with certain turkeys for several weeks before they call me. I like to be able to kill em if they're too boogered up to get in real close. I'll spend 8.50 ea for 3 kills, rather than havin em walk off at 45-50 yds.
Don't Tread On Me