OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Lead Pattern, All I got to say is what happened!

Started by mossybird, February 17, 2012, 06:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

Hey guys. Now before I show yall this pattern I need to tell you something. Ive been on this forum for 2-3  years now and most of yall know me and know Im not gonna lie to you one bit. This same combo last year gave me 138 in the ten. Ive never seen a lead pattern like this at 40 yards.  Specs- Mossberg 535, Indian Creek .660 choke, Winchester High Velocity LEAD 3.5 inch 2oz #6s, TruGlo Red Dot. Mind you that this gun is Deep Cleaned and Polished. Sorry for the low quality, my camera broke so I had to use my cell phone. These are two different shots. So its not just a coincedence. But only one shot each target.

bgbuck153

I wouldn't complain I would be jumping for more ! Nice

mossybird

Im deffinatly not complaining! Im just veryyyy shocked.

The Cohutta Strutter

Can you come up with ANYTHING that has changed from last year's combo to now? Different lot #'s of shells? Different barrel condition? etc.... :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

mossybird

Nothings changed. The temperature was 56. I dont have the pattern paper or picture from last year anymore, so i cant tell you anything more.

Philippe

Figure out what lot that ammo is and buy a case or two, that is amazing for lead! :drool:

Five O

Something changed. I wish I could get lead to shoot like that.  :drool:

mossybird

Looks like the same wad also. Same ol' red Winchester wad.

Tom Foolery

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mossybird

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 17, 2012, 09:53:42 PM
I'd be flabbergasted if it was a H13 3.5-2.25-6. I'd be impressed if it was a H13 3.5-2.25-7. But lead? I don't know what to say. I'm struggling to get above 100/10 with a 3" Pb shell. ???
You aint lying man. Its crazy! I was like  :o :o :o when i saw it.

saveallj

Thegobblergetter

That is an amazing pattern!!!  It is hard to duplicate that with Hevi.  You have got a great combo there!!  John

vaturkey

That's an awesome lead pattern.  Could your range finder maybe need calibrating ?  Just Kidding ! 

That's by far the best lead pattern I've ever seen. Congrats !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

BigJim