turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which combo would you use?

Started by jrseale82, February 17, 2012, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrseale82

I have tested my 835 with two different set ups. The first was a truglo 695 with mag blends.  These were shot on a 55 degree day and put 210 in a ten inch circle at 40 yards.  Today i used the same gun with a pure gold 670 and hevi 13 7s.  Temp was 65 degrees.  I ended up with 216 in the 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  Which should i go with?

bullet355

Either one would work but I would look at how even the patterns and go with that one

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Sounds like a dead bird to me.  Kind of splitting hairs on a +6 outcome.  As the other gentleman stated I would go with the one which produces the most even pattern.

Good Luck,

Mack

jrseale82

They are both about even.  I didnt know if the larger shot size in the mag blends would be better than the straight 7s.

GobblinNC

i would go with the mg blends. larger shot size is going to carry more downrange energy

pdqt

Quote from: GobblinNC on February 17, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
i would go with the mg blends. larger shot size is going to carry more downrange energy
x2    :z-winnersmiley:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Richyb

MAG BLENDS.. If you happen to misjudge distance a little you will cover your a$$ with the larger pellets. No point sending the same amount of small ones when you can blast em with the big stuff.

westtennhunter

jrseale82

Thats what I was thinking also.  I guess I will load the 7's in the maxus and the mag blends in the 835.