turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Different Strikers Help Please!!!

Started by ckhawkeye51, February 17, 2012, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckhawkeye51

What are the "best" or most popular striker woods? Are the sounds much different on the same slate call? I have always just used the who knows what striker that came with my calls! Thanks in advance!!! :thanks:

Stoner

Different woods do sound different. Two of my favorites are Bubinga and Hickory.

Houndstooth Game Calls

All strikers and different two piece strikers have  a voice of there own. I never throw away a striker I got a box full cause ya just never know till you put that peg to the surface. Different striker will definitely create different tones on the same surface. If you got one trijet with a call try it on all your calls you might have a jam up mis match to take to the woods for the good.

MarkJM

I dont believe in a "best" striker, I do believe in "this striker sounds better with this pot" You may find a striker that sounds awesome on slate and then run that same striker on glass and not get a satisfying sound, so every striker has something different to bring to the table.

that being said, hickory strikers are the best.  ;D
MuellerCustomCalls

savduck

Quote from: MarkJM on February 17, 2012, 01:02:33 AM
I dont believe in a "best" striker, I do believe in "this striker sounds better with this pot" You may find a striker that sounds awesome on slate and then run that same striker on glass and not get a satisfying sound, so every striker has something different to bring to the table.

that being said, hickory strikers are the best.  ;D

Agreed......I think hickory is probably my favorite all round. Just got a Bloodwood one that is jam up to.
Georgia Boy

West Augusta

Black Locust and Ipe are my favorites on just about any surface.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

I have an Ipe and Black Locust striker Steve (West Augusta) made and I have to agree with him on how good they sound on about any surface. I also have a Dogwood striker he made that I used on pot calls last spring to call in 14 gobblers. It is hard to argue with that kind of success.