Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 2/17/2012 "Are You Making the Most Out of Every Opportunity?"

Started by BOFF, February 16, 2012, 11:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

So, what did you do this past week? Was it productive? Productive in what way?
Ok, for the important question, in whose way, was it productive? Was it productive for you, or for the Lord?

Today's devotional will be from Galatians 6:9-10:

Galatians 6:9-10
New Living Translation (NLT)

9 So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

As I was reading for this devotional, something jumped out a me, in particular, the wording  "whenever we have the opportunity".

I was thinking, I have "the opportunity", EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! Not only the opportunities which present themselves in my daily affairs, but the opportunities which the Lord calls me to do. If the Lord allows me to awaken another day, He has granted me another day to use the strengths and abilities he gave me, to glorify him, by serving others.

What I'm attempting to write is, we should not only be looking for the opportunities, but we should be MAKING the opportunities as well.

WOW!! I think I just realized how miserably I have failed in this.

Father God, thank you for speaking so clearly and loudly to me this day. Forgive me for not making the opportunity, to serve others during the new days I awake. Help us to know your will for us, and how we may serve others to glorify your name. Give us the wisdom, and the knowledge to use it, to make opportunities in helping others. We thank you for your love, grace, and mercy.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Roostem33

You are so right David, we have the opportunity each day to glorify His name!!

Thanks,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

rempumpman

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.