OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Thumbhole stock SOLD

Started by southernfly, February 15, 2012, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernfly

Nutmeg in color. Fits 12 ga 870. New in Box. $50 shipped. Made by Boyd. Stock is sold

Shellwaster

Does the screw go through the palm swell and access through the bottom of the hump?

gobbler777

Dang ... wish it was for a 20 ga. youth model 870. Looks great
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

southernfly

SHellwaster- if you look closely in the thumbhole there is a light spot on the left side of the hole. That is where the bolt enters the stock

Shellwaster

thanks.

Two more questions; did you install this on one of your guns and decided it wasn't want you wanted? If so, when you shouldered the gun did it change the position of your cheek to where you were looking down onto the barrel vs. looking along the barrel at the bead? 

I ask this as I had installed a Remington ShureShot and it changed my point of impact as I was looking down onto the barrel and not along it. So the ShureShot went back.

I would like a thumbhole stock but don't know if one will work for me from my previous experience, that is why the questions.  Thanks for your time.

southernfly

I did install it and I liked the shurshot better. So if you didnt like the shurshot then this may be what you want ... it is definitely different. Not sure about the feeling of looking down onto the barrel etc...but that probably differs for how people mount their gun and a persons size.

somedude

That would match my 870 perfectly! :drool: :drool:
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge
https://i.imgur.com/howRdMo.jpg

southernfly

Quote from: somedude on February 16, 2012, 10:45:26 AM
That would match my 870 perfectly! :drool: :drool:
$50 shipped....or maybe delivered depending where you are in MS

tyelper

i have one of these on my 870 and i have the sure shot on an 870

diffrences for me are the sure shot you fight to find a comfortable position for cheek,,,,,,,thumbhole when you shoulder the gun your cheek lays right on stock and you look right down the barrel at sights, 

my thoughts are thumbhole over sureshot but just my opinion

pitjeep

i will take it . is the stock bolt included or do you use the factory bolt?

southernfly

it has its own bolt n it is included. pm me for mailing info. thanks

Shellwaster

After reading Tyelper's description I'm wishing I would have jumped on this.  If the deal with pitjeep falls through please let me know.

southernfly

Quote from: Shellwaster on February 17, 2012, 12:50:31 PM
After reading Tyelper's description I'm wishing I would have jumped on this.  If the deal with pitjeep falls through please let me know.
will do

southernfly

pitjeep

Quote from: tyelper on February 17, 2012, 07:30:16 AM
i have one of these on my 870 and i have the sure shot on an 870

diffrences for me are the sure shot you fight to find a comfortable position for cheek,,,,,,,thumbhole when you shoulder the gun your cheek lays right on stock and you look right down the barrel at sights, 

my thoughts are thumbhole over sureshot but just my opinion

i have a sure shot on a 870 with a red dot . it lines up real quick.does not line up good with my rifle sight barrel. i hope the boyds will work with my rifle sight barrel.need to find a forearm to match if it does.