OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Open Reed Elk Cow Calls

Started by Austy, February 15, 2012, 10:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

First a big Thank You to Shadow Turkey Calls for the help in pointing me to where I could get the reed supplies that I was looking for to finish up these calls.  These first 2 photos are of the third Open Reed Elk Cow Call that I made.  This entire calls barrel and 2 pieces for the mouth piece are all made out of Elk Antler.

These next 2 are the second call that I made and is Green Mountain Camo Dymondwood which was a left over piece that I had on hand from one of the recurve bows that I built.  The mouth piece on this call is Derlin.

These last 2 photos are of the first Open Reed Elk Cow call that I made after doing some experimenting with wood to make some mouth pieces and getting something that I liked.  This is Black Walnut with a Derlin mouth piece.

All of the mouth pieces on these calls were hand made and the reeds for each call were hand cut and tuned for each of the calls to get the best Elk Cow sound that I could out of the call.  A Huge thanks to those who offered some direction, Thanks again.

M,Yingling

Nice lookin calls ,,Like that antler  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dreis3

That antler looks sweet Austy... I'll have to stop over one day and check it out
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com