OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indian Creek and 835

Started by turkeyhunter87, February 15, 2012, 09:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter87

Do any of you have this combination?? I currently have a jelly head in my 835 shooting nitros and I'm not impressed with the results. I also have a compnchoke that I'v tried with various loads and does not seem to do very well. Any suggestions as far as a new choke or different loads to try with the chokes I have?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe

I have one for my 835, and i have been working with it for over a year and cannot find a shell it likes. This is out of a 24 inch ulti mag, the best it has done with that choke was with hevi 7's, at 40 yds it gave me in the low 200's at its best.

Ctomp1974

My 835 with a 20" barrel loves the I.C. with #6 hevi shot. Pure Gold is also worth a look. I usually get 220-230 in a 10" with this combo. I think VAHunter gets better than that with an 835 24"barrel using a Puregold. The jellyhead I have usually drops 40-50 in a 10" circle, but the 20" pattern is still great.

:anim_25:
Clint

wvhunter74

I ran some Win Ext#6,Magblends,Hevi 6's,7's thru the IC and it just didn't put the #'s like the PG.I'm shooting a 935 grandslam series with 22" barrel but every gun is different.

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

fountain2

What load and what kind of numbers u getting with the nitros?  I shot the nitros with a jelly head fir years with good results out of 20" bbl 835.  It did well with the 2 1/4 oz loads

cgarner1

My 835 has yet to break 200 with 3 inch #7. ive shot a pure gold, the factoy choke, and a carlsons. the pure gold was the highest with 180s i think. Gonna get together with some people some and shoot a more open choke to see if it will fix it

turkeyhunter87

Quote from: fountain2 on February 15, 2012, 11:59:53 AM
What load and what kind of numbers u getting with the nitros?  I shot the nitros with a jelly head fir years with good results out of 20" bbl 835.  It did well with the 2 1/4 oz loads

I got 212 with the H517 nitros out of the jellyhead. I would like to do much better than that, since my benelli with the jellyhead is at about 240. I just dont like to shoot the nitros out of my SBE.

fountain2

Well, im gonna give ya my last experience and advice...not that its worth a dern, here goes ....im guessing that the nitros are from last year and/or this year.  I didn't get the numbers last season as I did with the 2010 nitro loads.  That being said, I looked to the hevi 13 7s and gave them a try since the nitros had more 7s than anything else.  They performed good.  That came with s choke change tho. 

The nitros hit really had and are hard to pass up, but st half the cost many have switched over to the hevi loads.  The 695 is one I haven't tried with nitros yet though, so ya never know.   It mat be golden for you.  It all comes to if you wanna pay to play as they say.

Ctomp1974

Quote from: cgarner1 on February 15, 2012, 01:28:31 PM
My 835 has yet to break 200 with 3 inch #7. ive shot a pure gold, the factoy choke, and a carlsons. the pure gold was the highest with 180s i think. Gonna get together with some people some and shoot a more open choke to see if it will fix it

I have a JellyHead thats .690 or .695 I will loan you, but I doubt that a more open choke will help your pattern density. In my opinion, something else is going on. 2oz. of Hevi 7's should break 200 with most any combo. Let me know If you want to try the J.H.

ILIKEHEVI-13

298 in a 10" was the best I ever did with the Indian Creek BDS SS .675 choke with the 3.5" 2.25oz # 7 Hevi-13 loads.  I have a Pure Gold .670 and it seems to do pretty well with the 7's but it's just not as consistent as I like for numbers even thought it does provide anice killing pattern.  So far fron what I have seen trying a couple of the Hevi-13 #6 loads the Pure Gold doesn't shoot them very well.  If you want a very good choke for the money shooting the Hevi-13 #7 loads you might want to try a TruGlo SSX .670.  I got 312 shot out of my choke on the very first shot followed by a 287 in a 10" at 40yds and that was on a very cool 45 degree day.  You can buy one for around $40 if you look and that's counting shipping. 

cgarner1

thanks fountain ill keep ya in mind. EL diablo on here lives about 20 minutes away and we gonna get together and get it straightened out hopefully.

cgarner1

I meant ctomp my bad ill keep ya in mind

archery1

i also shoot the mossberg 835 ultimag.. i have a indian creek choke..  i did deep clean my barrel.. i got around 230  at 40yards with 3" hevi 13   7 shot... got like 210 with the 6 shot... indian creek chokes are great in the moss 835.. deep clean ur barrel and u will get better numbers.. i didnt shoot any 3 1/2 " shells yet ..and warmer temps are coming.. ur numbers will get better also.
Take a kid hunting

turkeyhunter87

Are there any other shells that I should try out of the Jellyhead or the Compnchoke? If so, which ones?