OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Informational

Started by allaboutshooting, February 14, 2012, 03:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

The Remington Versa Max is a great gun but finding a non-custom turkey choke for it has been a pain. I'd ordered several from Briley but the wait and the price, $125.00 was pretty tough to take.

Finally, I was able to get the new Pure Gold Versa Max chokes in stock and had them at the NWTF Convention in both .670 and .660, ported and non-ported.

I did not have an opportunity to try the non-ported versions prior to the NWTF Convention but from what I was able to see with the others, it will be another winner, especially with the Federal shells or for anyone else who just prefers non-ported choke tubes.

I was able to spend some time with Bill Davis and talk to him about these new chokes and apparently anyone who's had an opportunity to try them, admittedly that's not very many since they just came off the line, has had excellent results.

I'm just glad to see a company like Pure Gold produce them and make them available before the next season.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

fountain2

Great feeling guns for sure.  I saw one in a shop about 8 months ago and it felt great to me.  I didn't get a chance to shoot it though.  It had a custom choke that threw a nice pattern with the hevi loads.  I love the larger bbl on that gun...I think it would be a killer wing gun and apparently a turkey killer.  I may be in the market for one as soon as the bugs are worked out and they become proven guns

fountain2

Ooo yea, nice to meet you and you wife last weekend  :funnyturkey:also

allaboutshooting

Quote from: fountain2 on February 14, 2012, 04:32:46 PM
Ooo yea, nice to meet you and you wife last weekend  :funnyturkey:also

Same here. I appreciate your stopping by to say hello.

Thanks,
Clark

PALongspur

Clark,

Have you heard anything from Rob Roberts lately? My brother in law has been trying to get in touch with him about doing some work to his VersaMax but hasnt had any luck.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: PALongspur on February 15, 2012, 08:05:52 AM
Clark,

Have you heard anything from Rob Roberts lately? My brother in law has been trying to get in touch with him about doing some work to his VersaMax but hasnt had any luck.

Yes, I spent a good bit of time with him at the NWTF Convention this past weekend. I know he's very busy with gun work these days. If I can help with contacting him, please let me know and I'll be happy to do that.

Thanks,
Clark