OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody shoot H13 #5's or 6's in an 835? If so, what choke?

Started by aaronward9, February 14, 2012, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronward9

I have a fella that wants to trade me some H13 3.5" #5's and #6's for some H13 20 ga I have. I know my 835 likes H13 #7's, but does anyone have any experience with #5's or #6's? If so, please let me know! I don't want to trade my shells for some that I can't use. I have a PG .670 choke in mine and also have a JH .690 to use. 

Thanks!

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

SumToy

I think that the 6's have a nice even pattern.  I like it better then the 7's.  It just not have the big numbers.  I think it is from the big bore in that gun.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

allaboutshooting

Quote from: aaronward9 on February 14, 2012, 02:03:16 PM
I have a fella that wants to trade me some H13 3.5" #5's and #6's for some H13 20 ga I have. I know my 835 likes H13 #7's, but does anyone have any experience with #5's or #6's? If so, please let me know! I don't want to trade my shells for some that I can't use. I have a PG .670 choke in mine and also have a JH .690 to use. 

Thanks!

They should pattern quite well through the PG .670, although I like the 3" shells much better.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

rebelman

dirt road ninja

davisd9

I got 180 hits in 10" at a lasered 40 yards with the 835 Pg .670 and Hevi 3.5 2.25oz #6s.  Would have no problem hunting with it, but my Star Dot did better so I am sticking with it.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

pdaugherty

Try a .670 with the #5s and a .665 with the #6s. As we all know different chokes are gonna shoot different in every gun. If you've got a friend or two with different chokes try swapping them out just to test the choke, that is if they don't mind.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I couldn't get the 6's to pattern good out of my Pure Gold. 

I did find the 6's to shoot great out of a MAD MAX .680.  I got 243 hits in a 10" at 40yds.

Reloader

I prefer the 6s in the .690JH and smaller shot from the .676SD.  In smaller bores the larger 6s seem to prefer a slightly larger ED when comparing two chokes of the same design IME.  Can't help you on the 5s as I feel that's way overboard with HTL and haven't patterned them.