turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is up with Jelly Head pricing?

Started by joshb311, February 14, 2012, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshb311

Okay, maybe I'm getting to be more and more like my old man every day but I swear I saw the Jelly Head chokes for about 20 or 25 bucks new before I started the turkey season last year. Am I losing my mind? I looked this morning and the cheapest I could find it new was for about 50 bucks with shipping.

It's really starting to suck when "Remember when?" only refers to about 5 years ago.

mrclif

Ever once in a while you can catch em on sale. But theyve retailed around 50.00 since they came out. Good choke had couple of them in diffrent turkey rigs all have shot well. I bought a PG .670 the other day and after shooting in my new rig with shells I had I was wishn Id got the jelly head to try instead.

joshb311

:deadhorse: I guess I just had to do a little kicking to the horse was all. I'll get over it hopefully.

I pulled out a couple of turkey catalogs from last year and the prices this year actually are close to what I saw last year on most of the chokes. Quite a difference in both lead and HTL shots in just a year, though.

I will get off my soapbox and deal with it.... although it still sucks.   :deadhorse: One more time for good measure.   ;D

Tom Foolery

Turkey hunting is about like golf, if you are looking for a cheap sport this ain't it.

mrclif

I'm feeln it to I aint recovered from buying a new benelli M2 it is not shooting the loads I had left over from my last one worth a flip. I wish I could find a good lead load with good even pattern. Hybred loads might be out of my reach this year.
Ever since trde ageements with China were started up again the price of all types of metals have gone through the roof. I reckon their buying it all. And like the price of gas all we can do is grin and bare it.

drenalinld

mrclif I have a couple JH's for Croi both .660 and .668. I would let you test them. Might trade for PG.

mrclif

Quote from: drenalinld on February 14, 2012, 10:16:26 AM
mrclif I have a couple JH's for Croi both .660 and .668. I would let you test them. Might trade for PG.
Thanks I'm going to try a couple more loads through it and be in touch

jtg88

I believe they've always been pretty close to $50 for a brand new JH. Watch the classifieds on here close, I got a used one that shoots just fine in a Benelli M1 for $25

mrclif

YEAh,trying to get a fifty post count where i can see tha classified :OGani:

mrclif

I-55Bandit

Quote from: mrclif on February 14, 2012, 02:33:36 PM
YEAh,trying to get a fifty post count where i can see tha classified :OGani:
aren't we all!

WildTigerTrout

I bought a JH for my Benelli when they first came out and I think it was $40 or $45 then.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

buck_hunter21

I spent 50 dollars on mine as well....
Spill Blood

Mimosa Gobbler

Google Primos Jellyhead and you can get the best prices from there! Me and a buddy bought one each last year for less than 40.00!

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

surehuntsalot

be a cold day you know where before I pay 50.00 for a choke tube
it's not the harvest,it's the chase