turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Savduck = Rock Star with any turkey call - How about a challenge

Started by drenalinld, February 14, 2012, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

That Savannah boy sure can run some turkey calls. I have heard him run scratch boxes, trumpets, now a tube, mouth calls, box calls, crow call, owl hooters, duck calls, made a great owl hoot on a duck call,and even two trumpets at the same time. He sounds awesome on all of these calls. I'm confident he could call up a gobbler with his natural voice if he wanted.

My challenge is this - let's come up with a call or two that he hasn't ran and see how long it takes for him to make it sound like a turkey and post up a video. I will start the fun. I have heard that Native Americans used to call turkeys with a blade of grass. Del, can you make a blade of grass talk turkey?

I know he loves a challenge so this should be fun.

JELLYHEAD

from what I hear on his video's I'll bet he can... in 3 days or less

savduck

Ill give it a whirl. Problem is there is no grass this time of year around here. Ill see if I can find a bush that has a leaf like a blade of grass.
Georgia Boy

WaddleWhacker

savduck

Georgia Boy

Basser69

Quote from: savduck on February 14, 2012, 07:10:44 AM
Ill give it a whirl. Problem is there is no grass this time of year around here. Ill see if I can find a bush that has a leaf like a blade of grass.

I have some sumac you can use  :angel9: :angel9:

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Clucknpur8

i think the native Americans used poison oak...you may wanna try that come spring...

pappy

here is one for ya Del......remember when we were kids and played our pocket comb like a kazoo?
It is called a Comb buzzer.  It is not only easy; you can make it at home. You take a pocket comb and tissue paper. Hold the tissue paper against the comb and hum through the tissue paper. This produces a buzzing sound and it tickles the lips.  :z-dizzy:
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

NCBigShot

...When he's done with his lawn work, I'd like to hear him run the Haint gobble call :anim_25:
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

BigGobbler

How about making one sign with a cattail stock or a bamboo stock kinda like a flute.

Rockhound