Patience Kills Turkeys
22 (37.3%)
Experience Kills Turkeys
37 (62.7%)
Luck Kills ATurkeys
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

guesswho

I know the answer depends a lot on the hunter.  But I'm talking all the turkeys that are killed in a year.   Out of the three choices what gets them killed more often? 

I've never bought into the statement patience kills turkeys.  I hear it all the time and I see it on forums all the time.  In my opinion patience saves just as many turkeys as it gets killed.  I'm also not a big believer in luck killing them.  I know a lot of them are luck, but I still think the more experience you have the luckier you will be.

What do you think?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bonemonger

being wood wise, its what make me successful. i figure out where they want to go, then set up in front of them. i would just as soon take a sharp stick in the eye than sit on a field trying to ambush a gobbler.

vaturkey

I'm glad that I'm  LUCKY  enough that I have enough  EXPERIENCE  To have  PATIENCE to kill turkeys !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

jblackburn

I chose patience because I have enough experience to know that woodsmanship is a big part of a successful hunt.  I think patience is a part of woodsmanship.

Although, I have been straight up lucky on a few hunts that probably should have been goose eggs!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Shotgun

Eperience kills more turkeys hands down year after year.  Typically experienced hunters have better places to hunt or at least know what areas to look for to hunt when in new areas.  Also experience minimizes mistakes and allows for more luck to happen.

BigHooks

X 2 Thanks Ricky you took the words right out of my mouth..

guesswho

Quote from: vaturkey on February 13, 2012, 06:47:29 PM

I'm glad that I'm  LUCKY  enough that I have enough  EXPERIENCE  To have  PATIENCE to kill turkeys !   :newmascot:
I think I need to send you some of my med's.  You need to hit me up when your in Barbour County.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

OLE RASPY

none of the above. :wave:

My shotgun does. :P :lol:

guesswho

Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 13, 2012, 06:58:07 PM

You beat them to death with you shotgun?  Or is it the shell that's in your gun, or the shot thats in thats shell?
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

vaturkey

Quote from: guesswho on February 13, 2012, 06:57:08 PM

I think I need to send you some of my med's.  You need to hit me up when your in Barbour County.

Ronnie

I would rather kill some of your GOBBLERS !   :icon_thumright:    :OGturkeyhead:
Vaturkey

OLE RASPY

Quote from: guesswho on February 13, 2012, 07:01:27 PM
Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 13, 2012, 06:58:07 PM

You beat them to death with you shotgun?  Or is it the shell that's in your gun, or the shot thats in thats shell?
I done that before when i was younger but thats a different story.Its the wad in it  :goofball:

bird

Ronnie you are one bored individual aren't you!

guesswho

Quote from: vaturkey on February 13, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 13, 2012, 06:57:08 PM

Ronnie

I would rather kill some of your GOBBLERS !   :icon_thumright:    :OGturkeyhead:
If I had any you could.  But there are, well you know.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

Quote from: bird on February 13, 2012, 07:05:42 PM
Ronnie you are one bored individual aren't you!
How can you tell? :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Quote from: Shotgun on February 13, 2012, 06:51:47 PM
Eperience kills more turkeys hands down year after year.  Typically experienced hunters have better places to hunt or at least know what areas to look for to hunt when in new areas.  Also experience minimizes mistakes and allows for more luck to happen.
Shotgun nailed it right on the head. Hunters often make thier own luck. For the experienced ones, it seems to be good luck more often than not.