turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Midwest call competition changes

Started by neal, February 13, 2012, 02:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Hey guys I just wanted to bring this up and let everyone know that some changes for the better are coming down the line for this call builders contest, while we are still in the planning stages and plan to have the changes made by mid-June. I cannot say what all we will be changing but it will be things to bring call sale prices up and be all around better contest for builders, collectors, and hunters looking for top calls in the country to add to their vest.

So I would love any input anyone may have as to what things they would like to see changed. In the past I just judged at this event but I am stepping up and taking on a little bigger role to improve the contest. I am looking forward to hearing any ideas that will make it the best contest possible for the call makers.

And also remember how quickly this contest comes up, so remember to put a few of your top calls aside this year when you're building them.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

neal

Got it Scott and thank you!

I think I realize some of the problems and want to fix them for the call makers, this contest is a great thing to put your calls up against others and learn to make changes to make your calls the best they can be and that is why I am going to work very hard on changing things for the better for the call maker.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Spring Creek Calls

I believe the judges should only hear the calls, like in the calling contests. A small group of callers who are proficient in each category could run the calls for the judges.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

WillowRidgeCalls

Quote from: Gobblez on February 13, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
I believe the judges should only hear the calls, like in the calling contests. A small group of callers who are proficient in each category could run the calls for the judges.

It would make thing interesting if they had to judge the call on sound first before they got to see it, and then let them judge it for looks and ease of play.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

VanHelden Game Calls

"And also remember how quickly this contest comes up, so remember to put a few of your top calls aside this year when you're building them."  wish my wife gave hints this easier to understand :D

Can't wait to see the new look.