OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Convention vendor fees $$$$$$$$$$$

Started by beech river game calls, February 13, 2012, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beech river game calls

Heys guys, Its been a while sence we've been on here.
Beech River Game Calls just got back from nashville, and i was looking for some imput on the new booth price increase from some of the other vendors.
Most of us guys are small, and it wont be long untill the NWTF pushes the small guy completly out and all there will be to look at is a production line product. Thanks

GOLD HUNTER

What was the going $$$$ to set up, did yall make any $$$

brian

TRKYHTR

I was talking to Jim Clay from Perfection. He said they were going up like 450.00 a booth. Thats nuts.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

paboxcall

Just a thought about rising costs...I didn't go to Nashville, never had the chance to go before this year either.

That said, I'm involved with a planning committee that's hosting a two day conference later this year.  This event is the second in a series, the first taking place in 2007.

Cost for the exact same hotel, conference rooms, meals, etc. have increased more than 40% since the 2007 event.

40%.  So, you have the following choices.  Charge attendees more.  Charge membership more.  Charge vendors more.  Accept more donations.  Or lay out more of your own capital.

You can do any of the above, or all of them together.  Bottom line for our planning committee is this hotel and their competing hotels in the region are approximately 40% more expensive for the same services provided lass than 5 years ago.

I'm not surprised its getting more expensive to pull this type of event off.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

savduck

Quote from: paboxcall on February 13, 2012, 05:24:09 PM
Just a thought about rising costs...I didn't go to Nashville, never had the chance to go before this year either.

That said, I'm involved with a planning committee that's hosting a two day conference later this year.  This event is the second in a series, the first taking place in 2007.

Cost for the exact same hotel, conference rooms, meals, etc. have increased more than 40% since the 2007 event.

40%.  So, you have the following choices.  Charge attendees more.  Charge membership more.  Charge vendors more.  Accept more donations.  Or lay out more of your own capital.

You can do any of the above, or all of them together.  Bottom line for our planning committee is this hotel and their competing hotels in the region are approximately 40% more expensive for the same services provided lass than 5 years ago.

I'm not surprised its getting more expensive to pull this type of event off.

Kinda of funny one of the options wasnt for NWTF to change locations of the venue since cost have gone up. Bet somebody would "negotiate" if they thought they were going to lose the revenue.
Georgia Boy

Turkey Trot

Quote from: savduck on February 13, 2012, 06:23:34 PMKinda of funny one of the options wasnt for NWTF to change locations of the venue since cost have gone up. Bet somebody would "negotiate" if they thought they were going to lose the revenue.

That is exactly what I'd be thinking.  Those booths have been what, around $800-900?  That kind of jump is too much, irrespective of the change in the economy.

I did not go this year, but heard that a lot of vendors had about sold about by Sunday.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

410gauge

The circus won't be much fun when all the animals are DEAD!!!

drenalinld

The sad part is the small craftsman building his calls one at a time that make the show worthwhile for me will be forced out and it will just be the assembly line crap from Honduras or wherever big name company finds the cheapest price to make their next squealing whatever. I don't have anything against Waddell and some of the other big names that were there, but I am not standing in line to get their autograph, but I did wait patiently to spend a few minutes visiting with Dave Constantine, Jim Casada, Marlin Watkins, and struck up great conversation with several callmakers who will be highly regarded in the near future. It would be a shame if these guys could not afford a booth at the convention. At this point I guess we will just have to all meet up on the sacred N"WTF" ground for our own convention.

misfire

It wasnt long ago that the Ducks Unlimited had the Great Outdoor Festival every year in Memphis. Tons of vendors, shows and activities for just about anyone to get involved with. The vendors could actually provide their wares at a discounted price due to the booth costs. Then Primedia took over the event and prices soon soared for boothes. Small time guys could not afford to come and the other vendors could not afford to sell at a cheaper price. It soon became so bad that not even Mack's Prairie Wings would come. Now there is no longer a show and it sucks. NWTF has a good deal going, but will soon let it go the route of the GOF if they are not careful. Booth prices have risen several times in the past few years, not to mention that each vendor HAS to have a business license ( like $130) travel expenses ( gas, food, lodging), etc.
I am like drenalinld, I dont go there to see Primos, HS Strut, Realtree or those guys. I go to see the small time guys that I have formed friendships with over the years. I doubt I will ever get big enough to warrant getting a booth at that show as I cant afford it
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Neill_Prater

I wonder if they have ever considered Branson? Even a more central location than Nashville, and, I'm guessing, less expensive all-around.

sugarray

Quote from: Neill_Prater on February 14, 2012, 12:32:00 PM
I wonder if they have ever considered Branson? Even a more central location than Nashville, and, I'm guessing, less expensive all-around.

Last I was in Branson, it only had a 2 lane road in and out, that would be a nightmare

beech river game calls

I was told when we signed the contract for next year that it is going to be in nashville untill 2015, then they are looking at louisville ky and somewhere in IN, or NC.
On top of the booth price they wanted $188.00 for electric for 3 days, "thats one plug ".
If vendors dont speek up if will only be worse in the years to come.

neal

They just posted on the NWTF website it's there till 2018
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Basser69

When I was heavy into collecting antique fishing lures, "the little fish" would do what we called room trading at night. After the show closed. If the door was open, come on in and have a look at the stuff for sale or trade.

gordongekko

It is to the point that I am surprised I don't see more small vendors trying to split booth space.  But, I hope they can keep the costs at least where they are for a few years.  My buddy had done the show two years in a row, but decided to skip it this year and is doing an NRA show and an east coast outdoors show in MD instead.  I like the mom & pop booths, but it seems like the big boys are squeezing them out. 
In God we trust; all others pay cash.