Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 21" Barrel H13 6's - Choke???

Started by BrowningGuy88, February 13, 2012, 12:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

I picked up a bunch of 3" H13 6's the other day and am looking to run them in a 20 gauge compact 870. Currently the gun has a Truglo GSX .565 in it. My question is what choke would you guys recommend with the 6's? I am going to shoot the GSX this weekend and see what it will do.

Thanks
Daman

otis

my son shoots  puregold  555   in the same gun  6  magblend  shoots great

otis

surehuntsalot

you just might like what that .565 Truglo does for you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

BrowningGuy88

I hope so Surehuntsalot! I ordered limbsaver sights and will put them on when they arrive. If it will do 120 at 40 with the GSX I am going to throw in the towel. That will give the wife and sister a little breathing room at 20. It is heading to Crumley in May for TreBark camo! Just want the tube I am going to run to be dipped with it.

remmy1187

My Indian Creek in .555 shoots them well.  Truglo ssx also shot good but the IC was better.  I also have the GSX and it throws a good but more open pattern which should give more margin of error. :anim_25:

BrowningGuy88

Thanks remmy1187! I almost ordered an IC and JH to try but I figured run what I have and see if it works first. I am not looking for 150+ so I should be fine.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Daman on February 14, 2012, 09:49:38 AM
I hope so Surehuntsalot! I ordered limbsaver sights and will put them on when they arrive. If it will do 120 at 40 with the GSX I am going to throw in the towel. That will give the wife and sister a little breathing room at 20. It is heading to Crumley in May for TreBark camo! Just want the tube I am going to run to be dipped with it.

Daman
this is a .565 Truglo with Federal HW #6's
132 hits
it's not the harvest,it's the chase