turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

crystal mistress or twisted sister

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, February 13, 2012, 09:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

going to purchase one of these calls.... for those of you that have heard both of them in person... which one would you choose?   thanks Jim

TNBIRD

Both are great calls and I own both, but the sister sounds alittle better to me.  She is just nasty!  Again both of these calls are top-notch!

Chris Downs

I ran both at the booth at the convention this weekend.  Between the two, I'd get the Twisted Sister.  Just a plain out nasty ol gal.  If you want something a little sweeter, then go for the Mistress, but the Sister pretty much has it all, with a little more attitude.

drenalinld

I just bought both. The Mistress seams a little more mellow and slightly lower pitched. The Sister to me is higher pitched on the front end and the break over is wicked raspy with a bite that will slap you in the face. If I had to choose one it would probably be the Crystal Mistress but there is not a lot of difference between the two. Both are higher pitched calls that break over with a lot of rasp with that bite of glass/crystal that seams to draw gobbles for me and they both tone down nicely for soft yelps, clucks, and purrs. I run at least ten different ones of each trying to pick mine out and really could not tell the difference from one to the next.

MarkJM

i personally think the mistress sounds better. thats just MO.
MuellerCustomCalls

WillowRidgeCalls

What's the Sister got in for a surface? I know the Mistress has crystal, but was wondering what the Sister was, Glass, Crystal, or Bronze Glass ?

Never mind, I found a vid of him talking about it and running it.......good sounding call also.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

tomanyturkeycalls

LOL.... dang you guys this is going to be a hard choice... midwestturkeycalls has both and I was going to order one today!

TauntoHawk

ordered the Twisted Sister from Macks last week, after hearing the video of it on Davids facebook. Its just has that edge that you know will jolt a gobble out of a lone bird at 10am and still soften down to finish the deal on him.

Macks prarie wings has free shipping on orders over $99 PLUS 15 off 100 with a coupon code you can get online. They also had the hooks anodized aluminums in sale for $15 off.

I was able to get the Halloran twisted sister, hooks assassin aluminum, a Halloran mouth call, and a face mask shipped for $102
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cannonball

I have both too. I like the Twisted Sister a little better, but at the end of the day all that matters is what that old gobbler likes.

savduck

Have them both, Love em both. That Twisted sister is NASTY though. She starts sweet then ends with that old husky voice.
Georgia Boy