OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Easiest aluminum to run. Halloran or Lights Out?

Started by longhorn, February 13, 2012, 12:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

Which alluminum call is easiest to run?
Are there other good ones? I feel like Wendell Ryes lights out might be the best.

Chris Downs

Bamarich

Really like the Southland Green Machine.  Sounds as good as a Woodhaven Vision Aluminum.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I would also check out a Lon Trice anodized aluminum in an Osage Orange pot. It is excellent. He won the DD Adams award two years running and is a super nice guy. I bought mine a few weeks ago at Unicoi and cant put it down.

DB

letinmfly

Bill Lyman took 1st and 2nd place at the Nationals this year with his aluminum calls.  He goes by "callmakerman" on here.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

scoot12

Wendalls yellowheart lights out aluminum is a fine call and easy to play,  I hear his padauk aluminum is great also.

Jbird22

I have Lights Out Mahogany Aluminum and it plays like a champ.

duckaholic25

Lights out in Padauk, Mahogany, and yellowheart all sound great.

Longbeardfever4ever

I really like the Hook's assassin aluminum. Extremely versatile!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Mosby

I have a Gary Anderson(Daybreak Calls) aluminum call that I like. I also have a David Halloran aluminum. Not a big difference between them in terms of quality. A bit of difference in sound but both have turkey in them. Can't go wrong with most of the name call makers.

longhorn

Thanks for the help. I ordered a lights out yellowheart aluminum.I would also like to try one of Lon Trice's call but I recently ordered Hallorans crystal mistress so I'll have to wait till next year. Thanks again

duckaholic25

Quote from: longhorn on February 15, 2012, 12:48:35 AM
Thanks for the help. I ordered a lights out yellowheart aluminum.

You wont be disappointed. :z-guntootsmiley: