turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 misfire

Started by Chuck1443, February 12, 2012, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck1443

Has anyone had trouble with their 835 not hitting the primer hard enough to fire ( not always )
Thanks

delta hunter

Not yet, but I've heard of people having that problem

goblr77

surehuntsalot

never have in 20+ years of using 835's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

OLE RASPY

Yep mine was the older style army camo 835.When i loaded up and headed out to hunt everytime it would misfire the first shot then i would put another one in it and it would shoot.First year it started doing this costed me a bird but it didnt anymore i got faster on the pump afterwards.Got rid of it after putting up with that for 5 years and got a 935.

delta hunter

Hope mine never does it when I'm hunting

fitter

seen a 835 do it last it was a first for me

bullet355

I have one that I retired because of miss fires. I used to think it was my fault for not closing the pump hard enough or that maybe I had hit the release button by accident because it only happened while I was hunting.
Then two years ago I decided to put a FF2 on it and it happened several times while I was trying to get it sighted in with several different types of ammo. I put it up and went and bought a 870 and haven't touched it since.

coyotetrpr

If an 835 was going to misfire it should be mine, but it has never let me down.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

SumToy

This is odd.  I had guy talk about shell hang up.  This is with normal shells.  It should not build that much back pressure with the big back bore.   Now if the chamber is to big it will swell the brass.  If head space is off it swell brass and snap.  It be a 1st for me to see a factory gun to have this problem.   Now would like to see the shell after it did not fire.  Then a shell after it is fired. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BowBendr

Chuck1443

The primer has a small dent when it acts up ,after disassembling it seems the firing pin spring is alot stiffer than the Remington's, but the hammer spring is pretty weak maybe not hitting hard enough to set off ?

saveallj

I am afraid it might become friendly with a tree if it happened enough!