turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slate?

Started by Trevor2, February 12, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Where do yall get your slate? Dad is wanting to make a few of the "turtle shell" slate calls, but he aint sure where to look for slate. So what yall got?
Any help is appreciated.
Strutstopper

harvester

eBay has some but it may not be what you are looking for.

Trevor2

Thanks guys. Neither of us are call builder nor do we have the tools or know how to do so, but he ran across an article in a magazine on these calls that he wants to try. I would love to be able to turn my own calls just for the simple satisfaction of it but it will be after I get a few other things in line before I can buy a lathe. I used to do maching on aluminum so I got the basics on turning.
Strutstopper

C_W

handcannon

Stumpy is the guy to talk to. He's the guy that myself and a lot of others on here does business with. He's got some good stuff at good prices.

Quote from: stumpy on November 21, 2011, 08:02:52 AM
guys I wanted to show an updated list of materials that I have and show new pricing.
glass $.75
bead blasted glass $1.25
bronze glass $1.00
bead blasted bronze $1.50
ceramic if availible $4.50
slate $1.85
crystal $1.95 in 3.47"
bead blasted crystal $2.35 in 3.47"
bead blasted black anodized aluminum $3.50 in 3.47" and 3.375"
we accept checks and money orders and can usually ship within three to five days from receipt of payment
shipping cost depend on quantities ordered
Thanks
Chad Hutcheson
116 grapevine dr
Helena GA 31037

Turkey Trot

It's funny to see a guy in a pizzant town like Helena (McRae) as the "go to guy."  Good though.

He also makes some good calls under the Dominator name, I've kilt turkeys over them. 

Heck, I'm gonna use his calls and slip in and kill some of the turkeys off his land this spring.  LOL. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter