turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Had a good time in Nashville until I got back to the truck

Started by Beretta686, February 12, 2012, 12:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

Spent the day at the.convention.  I met some old friends and some new. Walked back to the truck and found that whoever was parked next to me some time during the day was kind enough drag their bumper down the side of the bed of my truck. It is an 08 Z-71 with a nice dent and scratch begining just behind the gas tank lid to the bumper and bent the bumper. Just had to laugh. I did look to see if someone left a note under the wiper blades but I knew it would not be there. So off to the body shop next week. Still a fun day though. It actually became a joke on the ride home. Do you think they actually know the hit it. Heck how would you not.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

TANK

Did you check to see if they had cameras in the parking lot?

bbcoach

That's HEARTLESS but on a lighter note, I guess they had too much WILD TURKEY!

h2obil

Same thing happened to me a few years ago at Nashville NWTF ,I had just bought an  04 Tundra double cab and when I got back to the truck some one had hit   me in the rear bumper  and I had 2 big dents---I took some of the blame as I wasn't used to parking a school bus and I had the rear end hanging out of my parking space. Now I always walk to the  back of the truck to make sure Im  not hanging over. It made me sick at first then I realized it was probally the first of many dents to come.

handcannon

At least you had the good humor to laugh about it. Most folks would go into a rage about it. Glad it did not ruin your day.

Longbeardfever4ever

Quote from: handcannon on February 12, 2012, 04:56:13 PM
At least you had the good humor to laugh about it. Most folks would go into a rage about it. Glad it did not ruin your day.

:you_rock:
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

Cleburne

turkey slayer

pappy

hey big b I hate to hear that, we had a blast though and for your day to end with a scrape....that just sucks...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ElkTurkMan

I had the same thing happen to me on a hunting trip in Wyoming in 2009.  It sucks, but I beleive in wat comes around goes around, and the guilty party that did this to your truck, will have something similar happen to them.  It's cool that you are takin in stride.

Beretta686

I figured why get mad. It won't change anything. I did think about cameras but looked around and did not see any. With cameras in a parking area unless someone is there watching the camera and it is a pan, tilt, zoom camera all it would show is the a accident. I have a camera mounted 80 ft up on a pole at work roving back and forth across my parking lot. Only advantage with my parking lot is it is covering tractor trailers and it is easy to identify a company name and possibly a truck number.

I was in shock and I would look at my friend and his wife and just say "someone hit my truck" then I would just laugh. When we stopped for dinner his wife looked at the waiter and told him someone hit my truck and we just laughed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Fox Fire

Thats good hearted of ya the laff it off, hard to do some times.

swamp_bird89

My truck just got hit in a parking lot, front bumper damage. No note....can't worry about things you can't control. You got a good attitude about it.

remmy1187