turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TX HILL COUNTRY?

Started by Longspur321, February 11, 2012, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

I've got several OOS hunts planned this spring I'm trying to get all the dates finalized. I'm very fortunate and blessed to have free access to 2, possibly 3 private ranches in or near the Hill Country this spring(Mountain Home, Sonora, possibly Junction). Any gobbling reports from out that way? I'm really curious as to how the severe drought affected them this past year as well. Any information greatly appreciated... :thanks:
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

anthonyjhallen

I got an email update from an outfitter around San Angelo that I hunted with a few years ago.  They stated that the deer hunters and trail cameras where seeing more birds than ever.  They even added one bird to the number you can kill without paying extra.

Longspur321

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on February 11, 2012, 03:21:56 PM
I got an email update from an outfitter around San Angelo that I hunted with a few years ago.  They stated that the deer hunters and trail cameras where seeing more birds than ever.  They even added one bird to the number you can kill without paying extra.

That's good to know. Last year in Real County, we were covered up in jakes, so there should be 2yr olds all over the place............hopefully ;)
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

gobbler777

Ahhhh - fond memories - tons of turkeys
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

catrancher

I live in 75 miles north of Austin, we had a record hatch in 2010, and essential no hatch last year.  Plenty of 2 year old birds -- no jakes. 

Gamblinman

Quote from: catrancher on February 12, 2012, 12:01:53 PM
I live in 75 miles north of Austin, we had a record hatch in 2010, and essential no hatch last year.  Plenty of 2 year old birds -- no jakes. 

Same way in the Texas panhandle and Western Oklahoma. We'll have a great year this year, but next year may be tough.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."