OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos New PHD (Pocket Hen Decoy)

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 11, 2012, 08:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

I'm in the market for a new decoy (one thats not going to break the bank) after many years of using my other inflatable decay .  I happened to see the new Primos PHD  (Pocket Hen Decoy)  at gander mountain the other day and was pretty impressed with it.  It looks great and what I like about inflatables is there easy to carry and unlike a lot of other inflatables the head is attached to this decoy my old one the head wasn't attached and that become a pain in the rear to me.  Also its covered in fabric and the print is printed on it....which I also like since my old inflatable would sometimes put of a glare.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen them and what they think?

http://www.basspro.com/Primos-P-H-D--Pocket-Hen-Decoy-Turkey-Decoy/product/40517500/273145

God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Deputy 14

I'm going to gander mtn later today. If they have them Ill prob pick one up and let you know what it's like. If they have them, which is questionable.

VA_Birdhunter

If your going to the one in charleston wv.....they had them on Feb. the 2nd when I stopped there.  I should have picked one up there but I decided to wait.  They one set up to look at and I really liked it! Let me know what you think!

God Bless

Deputy 14

Sorry man. Sold out of them this morning. Said they should have more next week. At least that's what they told me. With that store you never know. Service kinda sucks there.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Deputy 14 on February 11, 2012, 06:33:24 PM
Sorry man. Sold out of them this morning. Said they should have more next week. At least that's what they told me. With that store you never know. Service kinda sucks there.

I hate to hear that buddy! I know Midwest Turkey call Supply has them for $44.00.  You can't go wrong with ordering from them....I've ordered a lot of stuff from them.  I agree about the Service there...I've been in there quite a few times and it seems there is hardly anyone working there.  I was in there on the 2nd getting a bow case they had some on sale that's when I seen the decoy.  I believe that is the one I'll get.

wmahunter

Cabelas has them for 59 and Mack's is selling them for 39 ... go figure.
I ordered from Mack's.

TANK

I'm a little confused on this product......For the last couple of years Primos has had their name on the inflatable Cherokee Sports decoy. The Cherokee Sports decoy cost $20 (give or take a couple). This PHD looks to be the same thing, unless Im missing something. So why are they in the $50 range? I know the the Cherokee will also fit in the cargo pocket on my pants. Just throwing this out there............

TURKEYWHACKER

Guess the fabric cover drives up the price over the standard vinyl. I have a 4 pack flock of the  Cherokees but don't like the glare in direct sunlight. Now in the shadows, thats a whole different story. 

TANK

Quote from: TURKEYWHACKER on February 12, 2012, 08:20:42 AM
Guess the fabric cover drives up the price over the standard vinyl. I have a 4 pack flock of the  Cherokees but don't like the glare in direct sunlight. Now in the shadows, thats a whole different story. 
ahhhhhhhhh   I over looked the word fabric.......

baz77

I think I will have one these in the vest for this season..

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: baz77 on February 12, 2012, 02:58:56 PM
I think I will have one these in the vest for this season..

I'm with ya on that I believe I'll be picking one up! 

fitter

Eric Gregg

That is a nice looking dec!
I like the color of that fabric :icon_thumright:

55esox

Saw them this weekend at Gander and they are a nice looking decoy. The pose has the typical foam hen posture, but definately a step up from those types. I think it would be a good option for those who don't want to lug too much stuff in the woods.

Gander has them on sale for like $40 bucks with free shipping, so not a bad deal at all.

lightsoutcalls

Looks good for an inflatable.  If I were going to be covering a lot of ground and didn't want to carry a lot of extra weight and bulk, that looks like a good option. 
I'll stick with my DSDs for the places I hunt.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!