Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 2/09/2012 "So, I have to like it?"

Started by BOFF, February 10, 2012, 12:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This past Tuesday morning I was driving my 10 year old daughter to school, and I reminded her she needed to gather the garbage  up,  for the trash pickup the next day. She made a sour face, and reported she hated getting the trash out, since it was, to her, a nasty job. This continued for a few seconds, and I told her she needed to look up Colossians 3:17.

I had her read the scripture aloud as we drove down the road.

Colossians 3:17
New International Version 1984
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

After she read it, I asked her what she thought it meant, and how it pertained to taking the trash out. With a puzzlingly look, she didn't answer, and I attempted to go through the verses, word by word. After discussing and having her put things into her own words, I asked again, what she thought the verse meant, concerning the trash. She replied, " So, I have to LIKE it??? I laughed out loud, and further tried to explain it, in a manner she could understand.

However, as I explained we, as believers in Christ, should do ALL things, both actions and words, in a positive manner, I realized the lesson was more for me, than her. That we, with trash, were Blessed, as others would love to have the very treasures, we were calling trash. That others would love to have a home and shelter over their heads. That others would love to have the food, we call scrapes and throw away.

I was humbled Tuesday morning, realizing I had nothing to complain about, and all too much to be thankful for in my life. No, I haven't been thankful enough lately, have you?

Father God,
Forgive me of my tunnel vision, and help me to have a humble heart. May my motives be pleasing to you. Thank you for your love, grace, and salvation through your son Jesus. Help us to do all things for your glory, and honor. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

turkey slayer

rempumpman

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Duke0002