OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strutting their stuff in Florida

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 09, 2012, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

I've been seeing strutters off and on for about a month now. But the last 2 weeks they have really been showing off. So I busted out my good camera and started carrying it with me. Got this pic this morning. There will be more to follow.

Flydown

Awesome pic! That will get the blood pumping!!!

goblr77

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

RutnNStrutn

There was another gobbler behind him, taking care of his own business ;) and 5 hens out in front of him. Had to zoom in to get a good pic though.

ghillie

Oh my!!!  Let the fun begin!!!  Nice photo...keep em coming....please

JWC07

Awesome! Looks like I will be in FL for the opener. Gonna try my best to call one in for Grandpa too.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

RutnNStrutn

Sadly, the only help I need is getting the elderly woman who owns this field to let me hunt it. I approached her last year but she said no, and that she enjoyed watching the turkeys. On the right side of the field is a housing development that the turks don't go into, and behind it and to the left of the field is state land that is not open to hunting. So I guess the only way I'll ever shoot these birds is with a camera.

hall em in

Great picture. 3 weeks away for zone A in florida!! Let the fun begin!

swamp_bird89

It's getting close....I went out this morning to listen. Had quite a few sounding off. Lake county.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 09, 2012, 12:21:01 PM
Sadly, the only help I need is getting the elderly woman who owns this field to let me hunt it. I approached her last year but she said no, and that she enjoyed watching the turkeys. On the right side of the field is a housing development that the turks don't go into, and behind it and to the left of the field is state land that is not open to hunting. So I guess the only way I'll ever shoot these birds is with a camera.
You need to explain to this woman that they are a nuisance and they need to be dealt with. :you_rock:

Cove

JWC07

RutnNStrutn