turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Houndstooth "Deep Beak 3 Reed"

Started by savduck, February 08, 2012, 09:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Was in the woods at lunch playing around. Had my "Deep Beak 3 reed" by Hounds Tooth. Good stuff

Georgia Boy

kenturkey89

Wow savduck...i've seen a lot of your videos from running trumpets, pots, and mouth calls and I have to say you can definitely speak turkey.  Nice calling!  :icon_thumright:
Brian

JELLYHEAD

Houndstooth Game Calls

:turkey2:Good gosh man I swear you got feathers! Awesome!!

drenalinld

Del, you are crazy realistic with that call! I have to get some of Lyle's calls. Now put it up, we're Trumpet Thumpers.

MarkJM

dang thats a good sounding mouth call. good calling del :icon_thumright:
MuellerCustomCalls

TRKYHTR

Sounds like a turkey Del. Good job.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on February 08, 2012, 10:24:48 PM
Del, you are crazy realistic with that call! I have to get some of Lyle's calls. Now put it up, we're Trumpet Thumpers.

I got that one broke in. Gonna get some bat wings, and v cuts set now. Got to get me an order in from Lyle before he gets to busy. May I suggest...................pretty much everything he makes, they are all the shiz nit.

I'll be carrying the Tom Bomb, Batwing, Modified Batwing, deep beak 3, and prof 3 reed from Lyle opening day. You know, i havent mastered purring on a trumpet yet...so i got to keep an old mouth call close.
Georgia Boy

Jbird22

Sounds great savduck! I wanna pick your brain on that whine a little if you don't mind. I know it's not easy describing what you actually do to produce a certain sound but describe how you go about making that sound if you will.

savduck

I think you first have to have the right call. It needs to be a call that will Kee Kee good.  Basically using the muscles/tongue to push the call tight up tight and then going woo, woo, woo.

If you check the sound file section, I beleive Scott Ellis had put an instructional video up on whines...they way he does it. May be of help to you.
Georgia Boy