OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE II Performance Shop

Started by StruttinGobbler3, February 07, 2012, 09:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Looking into a Benelli performance shop SBE II. Anyone here turkey hunt with the SBE, and what kind of patterns are you throwing? Thanks.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

K9Doc

Rob Roberts of "Gobbler Guns" does all Benelli performance Turkey Guns.  He worked on both my Beretta
Xtrema 2 and SBEII.  Using Gobbler Guns Choke .640  :drool:diameter  very tight!
SBEII   
Fed. HvyWt. 7s-- 1  7/8 oz.---Gets 180 in 10 inch at 40 and still carries 100 average at 55yds :fud: in the 10inch. 
Shooting Hevi 13   2.25oz. 7s  Gets 320 to 350 in 10 inch at 40 and 200 in 10 inch at 50yds :fud:
Dont buy the Benelli already pimped out.  Buy the Benelli and then send it to Rob.  You will save hundreds!
Give Rob a call.  You will be glad you did. 
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

GobblinNC

i shoot a SBEII with a rhino .660 choke and nitro 4x5x7 and get great patterns. 800 extra dollars for the performance shop model isnt worth it. Save your money and get a regular SBEII youll love it

K9Doc

Gobbler Guns is very reasonable.  Polished barrel, legnthened forcing cone, porting of barrel, and. Choke all for way less than u may think.  Mine was under. $350 shipped.

vaturkey

Here's my Benelli SBE2 pattern. I just cant justify spending all that extra when you can get this with a good choke/ ammo combo .   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

K9Doc

Great pattern VA!   :OGturkeyhead:That will roll some heads right there!  Good pattern with Hevi 6s!  I have never tried the Hevi 2.25 oz 6's.  They are on my list for this spring.  I have a IC .665 and jelly head .660, as well as the Gobbler Guns .640.  Hope to get some good numbers.

Borden811

I've got a plain stock SBE II, with a Jellyhead screwed in the end. With the hevi 13 7's in the 2.25oz version (the good lot #'s) I average 300 hits in the 10 at 40yds, and 120 in the 10 at 60yds.  Shooting the hevi 13 6's in the 2.25 oz version, I average 230 in the 10 at 40yds. I never shot the 6's at 60 yards.