turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which choke for BPS

Started by reflexl, February 07, 2012, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I have a BPS that is primerily my waterfowl gun. I would like to take it turkey hunting if my 835 ever has a problem. Is anyone using a BPS and if so which choke tube? Mine is a + gun. reflex264

allaboutshooting

Quote from: reflexl on February 07, 2012, 07:01:23 PM
I have a BPS that is primerily my waterfowl gun. I would like to take it turkey hunting if my 835 ever has a problem. Is anyone using a BPS and if so which choke tube? Mine is a + gun. reflex264

I have 3 of those guns currently, all are Invector+ models. There is a wide choice of chokes that will work, even though they may have entirely different internal geometry and exit diameters.

I'd pick either the SSX or the Hevi-13 turkey choke with that gun. They both work very well and throw good even patterns.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Indian Creek INV+ Stainless Steel Black Diamond Strike .665

Awesome patterns with every shell I've tried so far.

teke

reflexl

stinkpickle

I haven't tried any of the Indian Creeks, but my BPS likes the Pure Gold .670 just fine.

rtsj

What numbers u guys getting with 3-2.25-7's out of the Indian Creek BDS and the Pure Gold's???

Roy

delta hunter

Indian creek and kicks work about same out of mine. Got a Brand new mossberg, but like my bps better

runngun

I have a Kicks in my BPS, it shoots great with the mag blends. I have a Pure Gold 670 in my Maxxus and shoot hevi 7s in it and it shoots awesome.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

chipper

My hunting partner is running a Kicks .665 in his BPS with Blends and getting killer patterns, We tried my IC .665 in it and the Kicks still shot better.

Five O

Comp-n-choke XXXF .670 and Magnum Blends gives me great results

Rockhound

kicks gt 660 is a killer in mine

mudcreek

I got three BPS in 12 guage, all with a trulock .665 choke.  Don't need anything better.

Gold Spur

My NWTF Browning Gold 12ga. throws awesome patterns through my Indian Creek .665 BDS. My favorite load with this combo is H-13 3.5" 7's. The H-13 6's pattern great also.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

oliverharrelson