turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

...NCBigShot's Yelpers...

Started by NCBigShot, February 07, 2012, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCBigShot

...Well it's been a busy past several weeks and I have made up a decent batch of calls that I'm going to offer here first...
I have taken pictures of various groups of calls and will describe each type under the corresponding photo.
Please note that a few of these calls are already sold.. Just didn't get a chance to take new pics since I already had these taken.

Here's the first set...

..These are two piece cane yelpers. From left to right:
1 - 12 ga. brass 6.25" yelper (sold)
2 - 12 ga. brass 7" yelper $25 (sold)
3 - 12 ga. brass 6.125" yelper (sold)
4 - 28 ga. brass 7.5" yelper $25 (sold)
5 - 20 ga. brass 7" yelper $25 (sold)

..These are the larger "magnum" style yelpers. From left to right:
1 - 12 ga. 9" yelper $40
2 - 12 ga. 8.75" yelper (sold)
3 - 12 ga. 9" yelper $40 (sold)

...These are slightly different in respect to the staining or the shape of the cane.
1 - 12 ga. 9.25" curved yelper $40
2 - 12 ga. 8.75" "Blondie" yelper $40
3 - 12 ga. 8.75" yelper $35 (very slight chip in finish close to brass)

...These two aren't for sale... Just thought I'd show them to let you see the current work I'm doing with my 3-section cane calls. I plan on making more in this style, and will be offering them for about $45 each.

All prices are 'to your door' and I will combine shipping. If interested just PM me. Thanks for the look!  :icon_thumright:

When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

TANK

Great Looking Calls! I was wondering on the mouthpieces, did you fill the insides to get a certain size or are they all different?

NCBigShot

Quote from: TANK on February 07, 2012, 08:15:14 PM
Great Looking Calls! I was wondering on the mouthpieces, did you fill the insides to get a certain size or are they all different?

Tank--
They all vary slightly, but the reeds that fit the shotshell primer holes are most consistent with an 1/8" inside diameter. The reeds on the 3-piece cane calls vary more depending on the size (caliber) of the brass cartridge ferrule used.

Basser69

Nice work Ken. I know I like the one I got from you.

NCBigShot

..Thanks, Scott!.. You got a purdy one for sure... :thanks: