OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Please explain?

Started by Luke95, February 07, 2012, 06:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke95

Why do you all like short stocked guns?
I'm 6' 220 lb and my mossberg 500 stock fits perfect...:S

Luke95
Sumtoy Get Choked

mightyjoeyoung

Not sure what you're getting at???  When you say we "all" like short stocks that makes no sense to me.  All my turkey gun stocks are full standard length.  I like my stock long enough to 1, keep my thumb out of my eye when shooting 3.5" mag blends and 2, at a length that hopefully puts my grip hand at as neutral an angle as possible.   I do have to recoil pads for my SBE II but they are only swapped out when I'm wearing heavy or light clothes.  My ati stock on the 20 gauge is adjustable but I still usually keep it at the longer third of its adjustment.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BrowningGuy88

I like at least 14.25" on a turkey gun. My 870 Compact 20 gauge gives me a thumb in the face everytime I pull the trigger on a 3" mag load.

stinkpickle

I have T-Rex arms, but I still prefer to use a standard length stock.

saveallj

I would think you would like a longer stock??

rtsj

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 07, 2012, 10:34:41 AM
I have T-Rex arms, but I still prefer to use a standard length stock.
[/quote)
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

30_06

The only time I use a shorter stock is on my home defense shotgun. Short enough the wife can use it easily, but just long enough I don't smack myself with every shot.....keeps the chicken wing down to.

wmd

The only short-stocked guns I have are ones that I bought for my son.  When I want to use them, I just add a slip-on Limbsaver pad to get the "right" LOP.

goblr77

A lot of guys on here, including myself, have put Knoxx stocks on 870 youth 20's. The LOP is adjustable on that stock. I can go from having my child shoot the gun to me shooting it with no mods. I'm 6'2" and can scratch my knees standing up straight...well almost.

dirt road ninja

Mine is standard LOP. I did buy a youth 11-87 and it a little short, but usable.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: goblr77 on February 07, 2012, 01:22:43 PM
I'm 6'2" and can scratch my knees standing up straight...well almost.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: 
That's why my screen name is mightyjoeyoung!  I'm almost 6'3" tall but I have an almost 79 inch reach.  Scratch my knees...that's good funny right there!        :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

MizzouOutdoors

At least 14 inches, I don't want to wear safety goggles in the woods to keep my thumb out of my eye.

chad fenton

JWC07

I'd like a youth butt stock for my 870 to use waterfowl hunting. I shoot off my arm almost every time if I have a coat on. T shirt weather and it's just right but maybe a 1/4" less would be better.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: Luke95 on February 07, 2012, 06:51:04 AM
Why do you all like short stocked guns?
I'm 6' 220 lb and my mossberg 500 stock fits perfect...:S

Luke95

?
Maybe because some of us are short. Not everyone is 6'.