Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Need help planing 2013 osceola/fam vac

Started by Greenhead17, February 05, 2012, 05:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead17

Hey guys need some help. The wife and I decided to take a family vaction to florida next march and make it a ocelola hunt for me then 3 day disney cruise for me the wife and my 10yr old daugter.

Iv never been to florida. I live in pa and been dreaming of getting my osceola. I meed some recomendation on guides and outfitters. Also maybe ways to make the transition from my 3 day hunt to getting to either port canveral or miami ( the 2 places the disney cruise line leavEs from.

I have a little over a year to plan this so id like thinhs to pretty enjoyable for the 3 of us.

Please any ideas, recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Gobbler

You asked so I will provide some information ,You need to time it correctly - the season for 2013 is not set as of yet , but the 3rd weekend of March is the ballpark 16th March  Saturday 

I do operate the DC Cattle Ranch service we are 15 minutes outside of the Disney resort area - for pricing and information PM me for details- we own the property and have a very healthy population of PURE Osceolas  -I have in the past coordinated hunting trips with family Disney vacations -  we are right in the core of the Osceola range -We own and operate the entire ranch - we are not a high volume outfitter interested in booking as many hunts as possible , we book up only a  few  ,  after that people got to wait till next season  -

A Osceola killed with my son on DC last season

There are things to look out for , that I have run across in my 28 years of turkey hunting in Florida and I will be more than happy to share with you so you do not get burned by someone who is only interested in your money -- Unfortunately , the demand has made the going rate shoot to premium prices , this has drawn the attention of anyone willing to call them self a "guide" so they can jump in there for some action . Whomever you go with make sure they are reputable -- 

Best regards, -  Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!