turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My days of Hevi # 7 are about over

Started by JohnnieB, February 05, 2012, 08:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieB

I have been shooting the #7 for the past few years and have been very happy with the results. I haven't been able to find it locally ever so I mailorder from Natchez SS. Well I went to order a few boxes yesterday and the shipping was gonna cost as much as a box of shells. I guess I'm gonna repattern the guns after I run out of #7 with something I can find locally.

Holston

Talk to your local sporting goods store.

Chances are they'll get some for ya, and in my case, it's much cheaper than buying online.

JohnnieB

Thats a real good idea. Thanks cuz I didn't even think about it and most carry Hevi 13.

JohnnieB

I need to correct myself and say it was not Natchez but it was Cheaper Then Dirt.

BOFF

Quote from: JohnnieB on February 05, 2012, 08:49:32 AM
I have been shooting the #7 for the past few years and have been very happy with the results. I haven't been able to find it locally ever so I mailorder from Natchez SS. Well I went to order a few boxes yesterday and the shipping was gonna cost as much as a box of shells. I guess I'm gonna repattern the guns after I run out of #7 with something I can find locally.

A box of shells at the newer increased price, or a box of shells at last year price.

The last order of shells from CTD were at the $16.89 and $18.39 prices.

Pretty good savings from $24.68 and $28.50. Besides, how much is your time worth, having to go somewhere to pick up shells, plus the gas to go get them, etc.

God Bless,
David B.

JohnnieB

Even with all that accounted for,it's gonna be easier to switch to Hevi #6 or Winchester Extended#6 which are readily available around here. Just gonna have to spend some time on the patterning board.

chadabear

Hevi offers a 10$ rebate on their shells. That helps offset the shipping.
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

chad fenton

Macks Prarie Wings has free shippin and I think they are 17.99 a box I just bought a few

C J Stahly

10.50 shipping for 3 boxes....really not bad.

A box of mags, a box of 7s and a box of 6s for 65.00. 

Really not any difference than what you can get them at the store, and I dont have to track them down.

JohnnieB

BigHooks

I just got two boxes from CTD shipping an all were 45.00 that's 22.50 a box, not bad.

TauntoHawk

recieved 6 boxes of 3-2-6's from Macks yesterday, very pleased no shipping, no sales tax and I will send in for my $10 rebate now. 107.94 and will be 97.94 after rebate thats 16.32 flat a box or 3.26 a shell

Im pleased with that, cant wait for warm weather to pattern
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghillie

X a million on MACKS...placed and order last month...$19 a box and free shipping for orders over $100....can't go wrong with that!!

slave601

"thinnin the flock"

MC

The ones I ordered from Mack's arrived today and the lot numbers were the same as the ones I had from last year. I'm expecting the same results I had last year.