OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quake Claw Sling

Started by t_eagen13, February 04, 2012, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Whacker

Not to go against the grain, but I'd give the Butler Creek a look. I do own a claw and like it, the BC is just more comfortable to me and still retains the ability to stay in place on your shoulder. #1 & #2 on my list, both great slings. 

cassga

I have The Claw on a couple of my shotguns and have been very pleased with them.  The only draw back on the camo pattern ones is the camo coating has started to peel off.  I bought one last year in Mossy Oak break up and it was already starting to peel of fby the end of turkey season.  I'd suggest save the extra 10 bucks and get either the solid colors. Cant go wrong with the claw.

rebelman

Quote from: cassga on February 05, 2012, 08:21:51 PM
I have The Claw on a couple of my shotguns and have been very pleased with them.  The only draw back on the camo pattern ones is the camo coating has started to peel off.  I bought one last year in Mossy Oak break up and it was already starting to peel of fby the end of turkey season.  I'd suggest save the extra 10 bucks and get either the solid colors. Cant go wrong with the claw.

Thanks for the heads up. I was fixing to order one and was already on the fence if the camo was worth the extra coin.

wkyhunter

Quote from: 30_06 on February 04, 2012, 09:03:26 PM
I use the rifle model as it seems to fit my shoulder better. I prefer the quick disconnect swivels, and put camo tape on them to make sure there is no noise....I wish they made the quick disconnect swivels silent.

Forgot to mention that I take the sling off when I sit down.

I agree 100%, I take mine off when I set down too.

Turkeykiller12

Great Slings! I use them on my guns through deer and turkey season!!!

ctwny1

Grobec1,
Yes I use the Ultra Flex sling on all my guns. I've tried all types of slings and the Ultra Flex will stick to your shoulder like no other sling will. It's a little pricey but in my opinion will out proform and out last anything out there.
Check it out. Great product.

Mailman

I use the rifle claw on my SBEll but had to change the front plastic swivel to a metal one. there wasnt enough clearance for the plastic one. love the sling
One Shot One Kill

Wycliff

I have this on both of my 835s and will be putting them on all of my guns.

reynolds243

i want to get one for my shotgun but good gosh $35 for a sling is a bit steep IMO.

gobbler74

Quote from: cassga on February 05, 2012, 08:21:51 PM

Good advice..go with base colors. I seen a new one peeling 3 years ago while it was still on the rack for sale..didn't take long to make a decision.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 06, 2012, 09:36:14 PM
i want to get one for my shotgun but good gosh $35 for a sling is a bit steep IMO.
You can pick those up for around $21. If you you have to order it just wait till you need something else to justify shipping..turkey hunters always need something.. :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

30_06

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 06, 2012, 09:36:14 PM

I payed $22 and that is near my limit for a sling.

Grobec1

ctwny1
The ultraflex slings are pricey but worth it. Bought one last year and used it during turkey season. Put it on my rifle for deer season and now it's on my 835 in anticipation of turkey season. When a little extra money is laying around will probally get another on so I won't have to keep switching.

Swamprunner

joker

You guys gonna cost me more money.