turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Trigger Adjustment

Started by Grobec1, February 04, 2012, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grobec1

New poster long time reader with a question. Is there any adjustments that can be made to the trigger (shorten pull or lessen the poundage) on the Mossy 835. Mine is about 16 to 18 years old.
Thanks in advance.

TrackeySauresRex

I had given mine to a gun smith. I guess mine is around the same age. About 3 years ago he polished it up for me put a new spring in it,made it alot better. I think he charged me 40 bucks. To me it was worth it,mine was in rough shape.
:anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Grobec1

Only checked with one gun shop and they said there wasn't much they could with it. Don't think he was a gunsmith though. Maybe I'll try again with a gunsmith.
Thanks

TrackeySauresRex

You'll get some good reply's lots of 835 guy's here  :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Grobec1

Think there was a post a while back about an adjustment screw on top of the trigger mechinism that you could adjust.

WildSpur

I would not mind a new trigger on ky 835 and definitely need something done on my 695.  I did email mossberg last week about purchasing a lpa system for my 835.  1 week and still waiting for an answer.  If that does not work, hopefully a gumsmith can tweek it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

bbcoach

I bought my 835 about two years before the LPA came out and mine can't be adjusted.  When the LPA came out I E-mailed Mossberg to see if I could get a LPA trigger group but I never got a response either.  I would love to get my trigger pull down to about 3 lbs.

Grobec1

I may sound like a dummy but what is a LPA?

WildSpur

It stands for lightning pump action.  It's offered on select models but not all.  Tension and travel are supposed to be adjustable.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Grobec1

Thanks for the explanation. Would be nice to find out if the LPA will fit an older 835.

Coldtrain

Quote from: Grobec1 on February 05, 2012, 01:39:46 PM
Thanks for the explanation. Would be nice to find out if the LPA will fit an older 835.

+1. I have an older 835 that I would like to have a lighter trigger on also. 

bbcoach

I can't get a response out of Mossberg so I don't know if the trigger groups are interchangable or not or if they even have any that they would sell.  I assume they are only manufacturing them for their current stock of 835's and none going to the public.  If any one has any success in getting a response, please let the rest of us know the outcome.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bbcoach on February 05, 2012, 01:51:51 PM
I can't get a response out of Mossberg so I don't know if the trigger groups are interchangable or not or if they even have any that they would sell.  I assume they are only manufacturing them for their current stock of 835's and none going to the public.  If any one has any success in getting a response, please let the rest of know the outcome.

The last that I heard, Mossberg is not offering the LPA as an aftermarket item.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Isomaad

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on March 09, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
http://triggerwork.net/index.html
I'll second that.  I had an AR and a 10/22 done by Bill and both turned out great.  Earlier this week I sent him the trigger pack for my 930 Turkey and hope to have it back next week.  I'll post how it turned out when I get it back.