turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody tried out Jebs chokes ?

Started by Style, February 03, 2012, 09:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Style

Spoke with Bobby @ Jebs chokes yesterday and thinking about giving them a try in a 835. Wondering if anybody has used their choke tubes.

Gobble!

The guy was a member here at some point. Seemed like he always posted good results but they are pricey.

Mild Bill

Midwest Turkey Call Supply has them in their catalog this spring.  According to the catalog  they won the NWTF 2011 still target contest with them.   

I do recall some of the posts that were made about them here a while ago and some got a little contentious

I don't know anything else about them, and I am not affiliated with them.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

reynolds243

They look great and I seem to remember Clarke saying they were good chokes but man at $100 just don't see it. I can get others at half the cost.

mcgruff1533

Nice looking chokes... way out of my price range though.

Style

They do seem a bit pricey but about the same as a rhino. Bobby was very nice to talk to and he said that he would swap chokes out until I was satisfied with performance. He also told me that for $50 I could ship my gun to them and they would do all the testing, email me results and then I could take my pick. Or if I wasn't satisfied I did not have to purchase anything.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Style on February 03, 2012, 09:43:12 PM
Spoke with Bobby @ Jebs chokes yesterday and thinking about giving them a try in a 835. Wondering if anybody has used their choke tubes.

Yes, I've tried most of their chokes in several different exit diameters. They are very high quality products, finely made and throw some excellent patterns.

I was there when Bobby Sears, using a JEB's choke  soundly won the Hunter Class at the World Championship Still Target Shoot last October.

Everyone at that event was impressed with those chokes. They shot very even and dense patterns.

I also had an opportunity to meet Bobby and Jimmy Washam there. They are true gentlemen and both know their craft. As much as everyone was impressed with the JEB's chokes, everyone was even more impressed with these two men in the way they conducted themselves in both the competition and with their victory.

I had not heard about the testing service that they offer but it sounds very reasonably priced and like a good idea. It would most likely save you a good bit of time and money.

Thanks,
Clark

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Style

I didn't think that pricing was bad either, by the time I buy enough loads to try or swap out chokes I'll have spent that or more.

gobblingghost

You may want to go back and look at some of the prior post.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,10630.0.html
Here's the pattern I just had with my gun with another choke company for comparsion
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,15180.0.html

gobblingghost

I just looked up Jeb choke a 835 choke is a .655. If I remember from my  835 its based off a 10 ga. Unless its changed most choke makers don't recommend a constriction nowhere close to .655. I can only imagine what would happen if someone shot a Nitro 2 7/16 oz 3.5" shell through a .655  :TrainWreck1:

eight bore

gobblingghost
                          Sometimes exit diameter doesn't mean much in chokes, there can be alot more to it than that.

JEB'S has been talking the talk for sometime now, and they are showing they can walk the walk.
There is no Left or Right -- there is only freedom or tyranny. Everything else is an illusion, an obfuscation to keep you confused and silent as the world burns around you." - Philip Brennan

gobblingghost

In my background i have experience in machinist and metal works. I know that to alot of people that  they don't think there is much difference between .680 (about average for 835/935 choke) and a .655 which is the size posted on a retail outlet for a 835/935.and to most people they can't tell what .025" looks like. But you try and put a something in a hole that is .655 and its suppose to be larger than .670. Unless someone has the exit diameter listed as a .655 and its .670 then thats whole another world