OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pythons a threat to deer.

Started by redarrow, February 03, 2012, 01:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

We are trying to introduce them to all parts of Florida...it cuts down on out of state hunters. ;)

CASH

I read a news story on the python problem in the Glades the other day.  They are truly destroying the ecosystem down there.  Everything from deer and gators to coons, rabbits, and squirrels.

It's also extremely difficult to trap or kill them, because they're so hard to find.

It's a very sad state of affairs.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Sherrell

In all seriousness...it will and is wreaking havoc on our ecosystem.there is proof they will invade the whole southeastern U.S.

West Augusta

I saw a program on Animal Planet the other day.  Those things are HUGE.  Hevi13 3.5" HUGE.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

redarrow

Quote from: Sherrell on February 03, 2012, 01:59:04 PM
We are trying to introduce them to all parts of Florida...it cuts down on out of state hunters. ;)
Shoot fire son,I been afraid of Florida since I heard about copperheads and moccasins.

Sherrell

Quote from: redarrow on February 03, 2012, 05:48:55 PM
Shoot fire son,I been afraid of Florida since I heard about copperheads and moccasins.

Shoot....been in these swamps and holes a hunting forty years...nothing to be skeeerrrred of down here but getting run over by a snow bird in the winter.
I do keep my eyes a little more open while hunting ducks in the glades though.kind of puts some restriction on the quality of the hunt.

turkey slayer

Quote from: Sherrell on February 03, 2012, 03:07:40 PM
In all seriousness...it will and is wreaking havoc on our ecosystem.there is proof they will invade the whole southeastern U.S.
Crap keep that stuff over there!

vaturkey

I'm glad I killed 2 of yawls GOLD BIRDS this past spring !   :newmascot: :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Sherrell

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 03, 2012, 06:24:04 PM
Quote from: Sherrell on February 03, 2012, 03:07:40 PM
Crap keep that stuff over there!

Don't really want it over there where your at either...I waterfowl hunt the Mississippi river.

Sherrell

Quote from: vaturkey on February 03, 2012, 07:05:38 PM

I'm glad I killed 2 of yawls GOLD BIRDS this past spring !   :newmascot: :newmascot:

Not my gold birds..I guess when I take guest out to hunt em',I just figure their not worth thousands of dollars when they're on my property.

Old Gobbler

If the state wanted to get rid of the pythons they should put a price on the head of each one , something like $500 and we will see about this python problem
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

El Pavo Grande

Could you imagine sitting against an oak tree calling, when you hear something in the leaves behind you....it's hard to hear, but could be a soft stepping gobbler.   Closer, closer, closer, then a big python peaks his head around the tree at you.  Talk about a surprise!!! 

I wish those responsible for turning them lose in the first place would have to crawl around in waist deep water and try to catch them.  That's a serious situation down there.