turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I got the scoop on this "haint"

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, February 02, 2012, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

All right I went to a store in demopolis AL Willinghams sporting goods. He says Lyle I ain't found know one that can blow this so he gave me one to take home! Now I blew one at this place a few weeks ago nothing. After bout 30 mins of toying with it I felt like I am decent on it. Now for $60 bucks in a call like this I expect acrylic. But any way check the clip you " haint" gonne beleive yo eyes. Also if you can't run a duck call in advanced air controll this might be a tough call very particular on it my gobbles a little raspier which is cool I like 2 inch spurs lmao!!

Houndstooth Game Calls

drenalinld

Lyle,
You sound better than the guys on their video more like those big chested Easterns we hunt in the timber.

That being said, I still think your tube gobble is more realistic. JMO

barry

Houndstooth Game Calls

Its got a great gobble to it I give it that and I got some ideas in my head!

Gold Spur

I believe you have it figured out! Sounds great.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

superx2

woodchip

I think you sounded better on the duck call in the other thread.  But that Haint is not bad either.

StruttinGobbler3

Awesome! I agree your gobbles sound like a deep voiced old eastern gobbler. I do have one question. In their how to video the dnd guys stressed the point that you do not blow pressurized air into the haint, as you would with a duck call. In one video they even went so far as to say duck hunters would find this call harder to blow. But you made a comment that knowledge of advanced air control on a duck call helped you learn to blow the haint. So are you using free air, or pressurized air to blow the call?
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

trb136

I still would rather Gobble with a boxcall or tube...IMO...

Houndstooth Game Calls

@strutin reason why I say advanced air control you blow the at a fine line of squealing it out and it shutting the sound out it's more a free air blown call but you gotta control it going to the call. Kind like a person running a duck call getting a little whine in each note. It's definitely a call that's gonna take alot of trial and error the it's all in repetition. I don't run it quite like those guys but that's just like any call you find your way then roll with it. I think it sounds pretty good. I can't wait to see how knight hales new one sounds the hale fire.

StruttinGobbler3

Ok thanks for clarifying. I bought into the hype and ordered a haint two days ago, so we'll see if i can overcome the learning curve with it.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Houndstooth Game Calls

It's just like a tube you can't give up you get stuck pm me I like to see people successful with any call!!!

StruttinGobbler3

Thanks. If i have trouble with it I'll shoot you a pm to see where I'm going wrong

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion