OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Copper pots

Started by duckaholic25, February 01, 2012, 08:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckaholic25

I was thinking of adding one of these to my collection this year and wanted to find out a few things about them. How is the sound compared to slate and are they finiky or hard to play? Also wanted to get some info on ivory tipped strikers.

870BkWht

Copper is loud and typically really raspy.  It is a call for windy days or to use when prospecting and trying to provoke a gobble from afar off.  As far as playing, its no harder than any other call, and Id rate it up there with slate but copper does take less striker pressure.  All in all, if you dont have one, you cant go wrong having one in your vest.  Not everyone out there carries one.

ccleroy

My opinion is it is the most realistic surface.

bbcustomboxcalls

As you can tell by my many posts of copper pots I am a big fan of copper especially Frying pan copper.
These calls will make great tree yelps and clucks and can get extremly loud when you need it.
They are easy to run with a light touch.  They do require that you keep the surface clean as well as the striker,
but this is true of any friction call.  Hope this helps.

Bill

M,Yingling

I agree with the other posts   ,copper is one surface i ll always carry in the woods ,,Conditioning different ways also afects how call will run also
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

ElkTurkMan

Copper is my favorate surface.  Check out Tim Sanford with Rut and Strut game calls he makes fantastic copper pots. 

VanHelden Game Calls

I agree copper is my favorite surface.   I find the 3" to be nicer sounding.  I find mine are between slate and glass for sound.  Sharper and raspier then slate but not the high pitch of glass.

You need to get 1 or 2 or 3,4,5  can you have to many ;D

WillowRidgeCalls

Copper has a great sound to it, and it will produce birds very nicely. Finicky, some what, but not in the playability of the call. They are a bit finicky in the surfacing of it, but once you learn what to do they play just fine.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott