turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got the tube call today

Started by trkehunr93, February 01, 2012, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

I went by my house during lunch today and I was pleasantly surprised to see a box from M,Yingling in my mailbox.  The call is beautiful, now I just need to figure out how to make it sound right and i will be set.  A big shout out to M,Yingling for doing this for us!

C J Stahly

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 01, 2012, 02:55:17 PM
I went by my house during lunch today and I was pleasantly surprised to see a box from M,Yingling in my mailbox.  The call is beautiful, now I just need to figure out how to make it sound right and i will be set.  A big shout out to M,Yingling for doing this for us!

Got mine as well.  x2 on the shoutout...and learning how to play it! 

trkehunr93

I think I am getting the hang of it.  Still need to look at some youtube videos for some guidance.

M,Yingling

Thats pretty much how i picked it up on you tube ,,Helps to also lick the reed get it wet ,,  Good luck
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

JVA54

Got mine today.      Great looking call, Thanks M,Yingling!!

dirt road ninja

Got mine. Any tips on running it.

Thanks

davisd9

Mine came in today also.  I sound anything from a half mute hen to a canadian goose.  Going to watch some youtube videos on how to do it. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M,Yingling

You tubes pretty much how i picked it up ,,,,Get that little arch in the reed from corners of lip rest ,,getter wet ,,Get bottom jaw moving a bit when tryin to yelp
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

boomer

Got mine last night. Looks awesome!! But the girlfriend is ready to kill me now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

Starting to get the hang of it. I put two reeds in it and that seemed to help me not overblow it at first. Man, I had no idea how loud you can get on it. I've got yelps, clucks , purrs and cutts somewhat recognizable, but still need practice. Should prove to be a great windy day call by spring. Can't seem to figure out how to keep the tone while lowering the volume.

drenalinld

For soft calls, restrict air with your hands. I stick a finger in the bell and cup my hands around the bell. As you blow less air you decrease your lip pressure. As with many calls the soft stuff is harder to master but worthwhile.

dirt road ninja